Monday, December 3, 2007

decking my halls



i love christmas. who doesn't? one of my very favorite parts of it is unpacking my decorations and setting up my willow tree nativity. i think it is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen by way of holiday decor. i imagine if mary and joseph had sent out birth announcements, they would've used pictures of the willow tree nativity. observe:










actually, there are several benefits, as i see them, of mary and joseph using willow tree for the announcements. here are the top 10:



1. everyone wore coordinating outfits for the event.



2. no need to worry about someone's eyes being closed, since they don't actually have eyes.



3. the announcements could've been printed on pewter blue cardstock, since it was a boy, which would've nicely complimented the color of mary's headdress.



4. the livestock would've been cooperative... no unsightly messes to clean up between shoots.



5. if the wise men were bickering, you could still force them to stand next to each other and look serene.



6. everyone stood very still for the picture taking.



7. no worries about bringing a change of clothes in case of baby accidents.



8. no cramming 5 sheep, a camel, a shepherd, 3 wise men, an angel, a donkey, a goat, mom, dad and baby into one small studio.



9. willow tree probably doesn't have a copyright on reproduction and use of their handiwork on birth announcements.



10. mary could take a nap while joseph set up the figurines and took the pictures.



anyway. it's just a thought. i mean, if they were sending out birth announcements.

5 comments:

martha corinna said...

Good thoughts. A mom needs a nap after a new baby. I on the other hand run around like a chicken with my head cut of because I feel everyone expects me to make my own birth announcements because I'm a graphic designer and if I don't they might think I'm a failure. I seriously have some issues.

Paige said...

I hope they include the pretty lights behind, because as we learned from Barbra Streisand, we all look better backlit.

Celia Fae said...

Your willow tree children are very cute. I hope your real kids don't play with them and break them. A real benefit to the collection is that Jesus is actually attached to Mary so he can't be lost.

Jessica said...

loved that.

HappyBack said...

You should take pictures with sugar babies lying conspicuously behind the bum-ends of all the livestock.