i have an issue, and i am at an impass. i have never hated anyone in my life. strongly disliked several here and there, but never hate. now, i do. and i cannot live like this! it is an all-consuming feeling, and it affects me in a lot of negative ways.
i am a religious person. i believe in christ, i believe in the power and strength of his atonement. i believe that he can heal hearts and replace bad with good.
i read a fantastic book called "believing christ" which talks about this very thing. it's the difference between believing IN christ, as in believing in his actual, physical existence, and actually believing him and accepting what he taught. yet i have this hurdle. i feel like i am lacking one essential component in overcoming it. do i lack the faith? do i lack the motivation? do i lack the ability to apply what i know? i just don't know. but i know i don't lack the desire to get rid of these feelings. they are powerful and acrid, and not part of the person i am.
if you have any advice, any practical experience to share... PLEASE! if you prefer a more personal level, please find my email address in my profile.
the key thing to know is that this situation is not going to change. hurtful things will continue to be done intentionally, so it's me that has to change how i respond to them.
6 comments:
I've got something, but it's long and personal (I know, even I, once in a while can hold back.) But I can't find your email...want to email me?: jessicaromney@hotmail.com
Andrea, Jessica is just that good. Follow her advice. And we're all assuming it's your EX.
paige... believe it or not, it's not.
I'll email you.
I've recently learned that forgiveness is really a gift for the offended and not the offender. Although, it would be wonderful if the offender would ask for and except the forgiveness (meaning they do not wish to continue the offense). Unfortunately it often doesn't work that way.
Sorry, I'll offer what I do know in my email.
And those would have to be some mighty big lice.
There is "opposition in all things". The feelings of hate are just as strong as the feelings of love. Hate can be all consuming but if you do your part by trying to do what Christ would you are on the road to forgiveness. I also hate to hate. I try and understand the other person and why they act the way they do-this helps me to forgive. If you have the capacity to hate you have the capacity to love-I hope you can overcome this opposition and feel peace
I have learned that when you hate a person, you must bake the person a cake.
Serving other people causes love to explode out of you.
So serve this nasty biznatch a faceful of homemade cake.
Feel the love.
Post a Comment