mika has had a great week. he and his friend did a sign language interpretation of a song in their school christmas program. he also did a shadow puppet theater, which was really fun.
he's the curly haired shadow in the corner.
keola is a middle child in every possible sense of the word. he often needs more "encouragement" towards good behavior. so skip and i instituted this behavior chart:
obviously a points and rewards system. but he also gets to put a 1/4 tsp. scoop of colored sand in a bottle for every point he earns. CHECK OUT THIS PROGRESS!!!
noe is doing extraordinarily well with her speech therapy. she got her progress report, and she has reached many of the goals her therapist set. my favorite line in the report was "noelani is an energetic, enthusiastic and challenging client to work with." loosely interpreted, it means "noe pretty much does what she wants, but fortunately i'm still able to teach her a few things."
we also had a great snow, and the kids spent hours outside with their friends, making a giant snowman. they rolled the balls all over the place until they were huge. but this was as far as they got because no one was strong enough to assemble the snowballs.
then there's skip and i. this weekend we will celebrate our first anniversary. more to follow on that. last night i had a terrible headache, and wanted some brownies. here's what the bless-ed man did:
5 comments:
We're in Willard, MO by Springfield. My brother had some training at FLW and it was so fun to have him drive down for the weekends. My sister will be in Idaho for winter semester at BYU-I. Do you have to move a lot or are you settled down? My kids miss the snow so much. We lived in Indiana for 5 years and they are still wishing we could go back.
Sorry, I got carried away and forgot...I also have a middle child who thrives on lists and rewards...AND I too have a small one in speech therapy. He loves it though and is actually more cooperative for the teacher than he is for me. What is her secret? Oh yeah, she probably talks softly and sweetly to him all the time. :)
Glad you had lots of happy after the previous post. Sheesh.
(And GREAT thinking on the brownies morphing to cheesecake idea.)
I'm sure he's a wonderful man. But he just wanted cheesecake himself. Or else that was all he could find at Costco.
(say the following in a Homer Simpson voice:) mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... cheesecake......
I am also a fellow Aggie, though, sadly, I was never a "true" Aggie. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment