every time i have to take her in, which is weekly, i have to call and battle this company. and everytime i say to them, "i am not hanging up until you tell me exactly what it is i need to do." so they tell me, and i do it, and the same thing happens... i go to the speech and hearing clinic, i go to the pediatrician's office, and we resubmit all of the files and charts and info. and then i wait. and the services are denied. some of them i have to pay for, and then submit for reimbursement. and my reimbursement is denied. i am on a first name basis with the billing assistants at both clinics, and every time i call or come in, they say, "oh you poor thing..."
today, i finally got up to the ultimate hierarchy of evil, bitchy administrative assistants. and do you know what she had the audacity to tell me? "this is really not your issue to discuss. have your pediatrician call and we'll do a peer to peer review." i told her she was the rudest person i had encountered and that if it wasn't my issue, then why is my name all over the damn bills.

classic logo. what it should say is, "we want you to know that we are the rudest, shoddiest insurance company EVER, and we will say you have coverage and services, but we don't really mean it. plus, we hire foreign laborers and pay them less than minimum wage, and good luck talking to them when you call."
i think i need therapy after this latest round. although i'll accept pity as well, and find it satisfactorily comforting until i can otherwise channel my rage.
7 comments:
I'm sorry Andrea. The heath care in this country is a joke. Insurance companies are not your advocate and their services are not worth the money you pay to them. Health care is a HUGE issue for me, but I don't want to get all political on you.
Anyway, I remembered there is a picture of my brother in one of my posts, you'll have to cut and paste but it's http://thegtrain5.blogspot.com/2007/09/sabbath.html
Anyway, he's the baldy on the left in the juris doctorates picture. He's been home quite a while and I know he had more hair back in 98/99, so let me know if you know him.
Good luck with your medical troubles. Dealing with them really does suck.
I am old too, 35. I served my mission from '94-96.
I even feel better now...after reading that. (Hope you do! and awesome comment to her at the end!)
We used to have Aetna. They sucked. And what is most terrible about your story is that your ex has jurisdiction over the insurance but you have to facilitate it. I wish he could be the one making the calls. It is all his fault.
I have had more luck in the past with making the clinic obtain the insurance money. Will they do that? Do they have a dedicated referral person or something? I'm sure you would have used them if you could.
Awesome Bono photos in the last post. And you are right, you and your friends have improved with age. Unusual for a woman.
OK, I totally think you should "post" your insurance membership to "sell" on ebay, and make it really mean and funny and then the press will get ahold of it and aetna will find out about it and kiss your butt and you will feel justified and vindicated.
Oh don't get me started on health insurance. I have been wanted to rent 'sicko'. I think it looks really interesting. Love the pics of Steve and Christine a few posts down. Haven't seen them since I was 16. Do they know how much we snuck out of your house when I slept over? Just wondering...
my company is switching to aetna in july. my wife's ob is not covered under aetna, she's due in august, but has been hospitalized since thursday because her water broke. hopefully, she'll deliver before july!
i have been going through precerts for gastric bypass and vasectomy. under anthem, i am qualified for both. but can't get in until after july. so, now, with aetna, i have to redo 6 months of precerting for the bypass. and the vasectomy, which was going to be a $10 copay with anthem, is now going to be $350 with aetna because they are the new axis of evil.
i think i may need therapy as well, but unfortunately, i don't think it's covered under aetna's policy.
good luck.
Post a Comment