1. At least I got to enjoy plenty of time with my husband. False
The man told me "support" was "encouraged" from families. Take a look at this picture for a minute:
Yeah. That's about as long as I saw him too.
2. At least the weather was fantastic. False
See the rain all over this kid's face and hair? 24-7. Sometimes howling winds, sometimes torrential downpours...
3. At least we got to go to the beach. True

3. At least we got to go to the beach. True
You can only sit in the hotel room and feel sorry for yourself for so long. Besides, it's just water. Think of it as a cleansing shower from Mother Nature. Or a pain in the A... whichever works.


4. At least my car didn't break down in the middle of a rainstorm on some obscure highway. False
Um, yeah. It did. I was driving, and then I wasn't.
5. At least I didn't have to wait 2 hours for a tow truck. False
Two hours on the side of the road in a rainstorm with three children. The car smelled so fresh I wanted to bottle the essence and bring it home to spritz around the house and remind us of the good times.

6. At least no one had to pee in a Gatorade bottle. False
And I am so sorry to say, but there is actually a picture for that. And I'm even sorrier to say that I made my kids go on the side of the road, but as for me... no way in hell. That would be totally embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as posting a picture of your own tinkle on the Internet.
7. At least the tow truck was huge and cool, and the kids loved riding in it. True
The guy's rig was $140,000. It was so high tech. There was a ton of room inside, and the thing was pretty amazing. If you're into huge, powerful, expensive trucks. Note my kids running with anticipation to go get in. We even saw a rainbow once we were buckled in. It brought beauty and hope into our day. Well, not really. But whatever.
8. At least the tow truck driver was clean cut and not scary. True
The guy was like 25 years old, and looked a lot like this guy here. He even still had braces. His goal was to change the image of the towing industry. I'll give him credit... he was pretty upstanding.

9. At least there were no used rubber gloves lying on the floor of the tow truck, probably left over from a previous murder. False
Before I deemed Mr. TowTruck Driver safe, I checked out the interior of his rig. I found this frightening sight. However, I watched Mr. TTD, and he DID actually wear them under his utility gloves to hoist the car. But they COULD'VE been from a murder. Except he turned out to be upstanding.

10. At least we didn't get stranded in a hotel for the weekend, since all repair shops were closed. False
We totally got stranded.11. At least my husband was able to pick us up on his way home late Sunday night, so we got back in time for school and work on Monday. True
But as you can imagine, I was so done taking pictures at this point. I had now spent a total of ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY HOURS with my kids. Not even a five minute break. Sleeping together, eating together... not quite the "family bonding time" you envision.
12. At least I didn't have to leave my car at a body shop with a note pinned to it, like a baby abandoned on the doorstep of a church. False
Bye-bye little van. Someone out there will take better care of you than I can.
13. At least it's not still there. False
Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?
14. At least I get to drive ten hours with my cool husband to go pick it up this Friday. True
Is it sad that this will be our official date night this month???15. At least it won't cost me $4,000 to get it fixed. False
The stupid van isn't even worth $4,000 anymore. And I cannot discuss this fact any further, because things happen to me when I do... like ulcers, and muscle spasms, and violent fits of rage...
So there you have it. My fabulous weekend. Believe it or not.
As for a winner... I originally posted that there were 4 truths to be found. Being a bit brain dead right now, there turned out to be 5. I had to change the original post after some people had already commented. So some people only guessed 4, some guessed 5. No one guessed all 5 correctly, but I did say you only had to guess 4 correctly. Tiffany, Lisa, Jeni and Liz all guessed at least 4 correctly. If you really want that prize, I've got a few used rubber gloves here with your name on them. I'll get them right out to you.
26 comments:
I have the best pee-in-a-bottle story you have ever heard. I'm debating whether to post it on my blog or share it privately with you and Skip, both of whom will enjoy it immensely.
You are one brave soul sharing your pee with the world.
I'm glad that you all made it through the weekend alive.
Ahh...peeing in a bottle. Throw in some pop tarts and IEDs and I would think I'm back patrolling the streets of Bagdad. Firing a M4 rifle with one hand and holding a Gatorade bottle with the other is a skill that can not be truly appreciated until you do it under enemy fire.
I have one too!!!! so good. of course what pee in a bottle story wouldn't be good.
I'm sorry for your miserable road trip. Someday it will be funny. right?
atleast you had a smile on your face the whole time (atleast in the pics!): TRUE!
i'm glad you are able to laugh about it. you are amazing and spunky. no slowing you down!!!!!
WOHOO!!! I'm on a roll...what else can I win this week? Sorry for your crazy weekend but that truck looks like it was pretty cool!
LM... are you kidding me? do you really think i'd post the pictures where i was on the phone with skip sobbing like a maniac telling him THAT WAS IT I HAD REACHED MY LIMIT and he DAMN WELL BETTER HURRY UP AND GET HERE OR WE WOULD HAVE KIDS NO MORE. ?
best foot forward on the blog, baby.
You sure know how to have an adventure, or at least how to make an adventure out of unfortunate events.
You get extra points for this blog post! The pee and glove pics are brilliant.
WOOT WOOT!!!
I don't have a pee in the bottle story...I'm feeling jipped. I'm not stopping ever again on the road...my kids have to buck up and start peeing in bottles dang it! I need a good story.
I missed the previous post, I can't believe that all really happened to you!!!
Love the pee shot! (how long were you holding it for?)
Nearly 20 ounces. That's a phenom. You must've been holding it for a very long time.
How exactly does a woman pee in a bottle? Actually, just drop me an email on that one...no public posts necessary.
You should just buy a new car with 4,000$ worth of repairs!! SHEESH!!
Mini-vans break down all the time! It is crazy. My older sister used to live in Texas. One year we drove down to spend Christmas with them. The mini-van broke down on the way there and on the way home! My parents NEVER bought another mini-van ever again. I will NEVER own one. I would rather own a huge gas-guzzling SUV instead!
Oh and the bottle of pee is grossing me out!
Sidenote: When dumping pee out of a bottle from the driver's seat of a moving vehicle, make sure to tilt the bottle backwards, and not forwards. Take it from sad HappyBack experience.
But that's not my pee-in-a-bottle story. It's so much better than that.
I can't believe I just saw your pee.
I totally have gone on the side of the road.
Trust me, it was more embarrassing for Zach than it was for me! :)
lisa... how does a woman pee in a bottle? that sounds like the setup for a really bad joke.
the answer is: very carefully. especially when hiding under a beach towel so her three children don't get any more traumatized than they already have been.
Judging from the color of your pee I think you need to drink more water. I'm just sayin.
That's what I kept wondering, HOw does a woman pee in a cup? and instead of telling skip he might not have any more kids I was thinking you might tell him that he would have 3 stranded kids waiting for him but no wife. She might just take off on her own!!
it just seems like so much more trouble than opening the door closest to the side of the road, which can become a nice makeshift stall door if the kids are holding the towel on the other side, sit down on the side plank thingy (a nice makeshift toilet seat), lift legs and let it rip. No pee on anything except the pavement, no public displays of anatomy, and best of all, no bottle of pee to dispose.
that said, i am curiously intrigued and may consider trying it next time my car breaks down on the side of the road.
I really like you, and feel bad for your horrible weekend, but please don't ever put pictures of your own pee on the internet again. Sick.
This is ALMOST as gross as that fecal creation Noe made in preschool. Speaking of gross pictures, have you ever done a colon cleanse? Just wondering.
um, no. no colon cleanse here. although frankly, it sounds very cathartic. perhaps i will look into it.
This was so good...that I actually want more bad stuff to happen to you!
There is a reason why Oregonians call it the coast and not the beach. Beaches are warm Coasts are cold and wet.
I just thought I would comment on something else besides the pee.
I'm glad you are alive.
I love when bloggers photograph pee and feces. I like the shock value. So sorry for your somewhat miserable experience. My one ride in a tow truck wasn't so roomy. It didn't have a second row. There were 7 of us and one very creepy driver. Not fun.
Kay.. now that I've "outed" myself to you as Amys cousin.. I have to add that while I don't have the confidence to pee straight enough to hit the opening of a Gatorade bottle.. I have infact, on TWO occassions--(under extreme conditions, ofcourse) have "releived" myself by sticking a diaper between my legs. I know. Little too much disturbing info from someone you've never met.. but I thought I owed it to ya.. ya know-- with the stalking and all!
Post a Comment