Friday, April 18, 2008

A Letter To Vomit

Dear Puke,
I know you may be surprised at hearing from me in this capacity. You are generally kind to our family. Rarely do we experience your services. I sailed through three pregnancies with nary a dry heave thrown my way. For your habitual avoidance of our home, I thank you.
However, last night, uninvited, you crept into the life of my daughter. At the risk of sounding unkind, may I point out a few things:
1. You smell wretched. Your smell permeates everything with which it comes in contact... hair, pillows, pajamas, blankets, stuffed animals, carpet... and you have a way of coming in contact with all of it.
2. Due to point number one, I am forced to deviate from my usually eco-friendly lifestyle, and use gallons and gallons of precious water to bathe those bodies and linens which you soil. This causes me pangs of guilt.
3. You rob me of precious sleep. I lay in my bed, with one ear open, all through the night, ready to spring into action at the slightest sound of a gag. I wake in the morning, tired and cranky, making me more susceptible to your intrusion of my own body.
4. You mess with my schedule. We type-A's need our schedules. I have already cancelled three appointments for today. This is very inconsiderate of you.
5. No offense, but you are really ugly.

While I realize that I should be thanking you for how little you rear your ugly head in our home, that sort of makes me feel like the owner of a small corner store, thanking a mafioso for providing him with "protection" at such a reasonable price.
No, you are not welcome in our home. I would like you gone no later than this afternoon. Go do something productive with yourself, like feed baby birds. Just leave my sweet baby alone.



8 comments:

Cindi M said...

Double ew.

Like you new look!

♥Shally said...

I am sooo sorry. HATE puke. And HATE it even worse when it is my babies that are sick!

I am scared even looking at that picture because we get the sick bug REALLY easy at our house. I swear it will come through the computer!

Good bye...

HappyBack said...

Dear Andrea,

I am leaving your home forwith due to your lack or decorum towards a guest.

My younger brother "Colon-Blow Ass Urine" will be stopping by instead to take care of the unsavory, but necessary, task of cleaning your cooking's bochulism out of your sweet little snowflakes digestive system.

Thanks for nothing.

Vomit.

p.s. I'll be back, you can bet your sweet ass on that.

Katie said...

I was going to comment on you, but happyback above diverted my attention...

Colon-Blow Ass Urine... LOL

umm, why is she on the floor? (only I know the answer, as this intruder has ivaded my home as well, and everything else was wet and stinky)

calibosmom said...

A letter to vomit-this is a first. So sorry for Noe-hope the vomit has left the building. Happyback you're funny!

Desi said...

Poor Noe! That's awful.

We are also a family that doesn't get infected with the vomit bug often, which is really good seeing as how just seeing it or smelling it make me want to vomit too.

Good luck with banishing it by this afternoon.

Bridget said...

I want to see a post where vomit has a rebuttal. You know let him/her defend his/her actions.

Sorry your sweet girl is sick. :(

Tristan said...

Poor thing! Vomit is the worst! Of course for some crazy reason my 1 year thinks it is fun to gag herself with her finger causing her to "vomit". I don't get it...it is weird and I hope it is just a phase. Do I have a bullimic (sp) baby?? LOL