Thursday, April 24, 2008

He's My Son.

This morning I was looking for some new shoes online at Piperlime. Keola came up to me and asked "Whattaya doin, Mom?" I told him, and he said, "Can I look with you?" So I said sure. Then he leans in close to the screen, points to these boots, and says, "Next year, for mother's day, if I have a wife, I'm going to get her these:"


I felt so much pride. Not only is he fashion savvy, but he knows how to make a woman happy. My work here is finished.



19 comments:

HappyBack said...

I have a story regarding the boots. I'm taking it to email. Sorry e'erone, this one's not family-friendly. (Me saying "ass" and "damn" and "hell" is family friendly, but this isn't)

Desi said...

Fashion savvy + woman pleasing = great mom.

I have a pair of boots very similar to those and my husband calls them my prostaboots...(sorry, probably not very family friendly) They are some of my favorites...what does that say about me ;)

Tristan said...

That is so funny that he picked out those boots! What a good eye for fashion! So next year he will have a wife? ;)

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

I sure hope we make a connection this summer, so that those boots can be mine. I am in need of some new ones.

Heidiram said...

Will you post Happybacks boots story on Blogging Confidential? Now I'm totally curious.

diane said...

Those boots make me very happy. Too bad I can only wear flats now. Good thing I'm married.

♥Shally said...

NICE JOB.

He has 3 girls to pick from over here...

Linsey said...

Sorry about the tooth post but it is a major issue in my life these days and the article was just too well timed to ignore.

Well done with Keola and his fashion sense. I love that he was married with children in his plans to purchase the boots. Nice job all around.

Katie said...

awesome.

nuff said.

martha corinna said...

Good work! Boots rule.
I got your email, the picture is in a box and so is the jumper, so I will do a post when we unpack next week. I am not ashamed, I wore my Peter Rabbit with pride.

The Mencl's said...

Cute boots! Good job Mom! I'm hoping he doesn't have a wife next year to buy them for! But he does have a mother.....

AnnEE said...

Those dimples are to die for!!

So funny that you know Abby. I don't know her in real life, but I read her. You're everywhere. You're like the Holy Ghost of blogging.

Rachel B. said...

Smart boy. You're definitely training him right. :)

(BP buddy, Rachel)

The Salomon's said...

That's hysterical, and by the way, you're awesome. My blog looks about a million times better, and I love it! You're very sweet to have said what you did, man, people are going to think I paid you to lie for me like that!!!
And speaking of shoes... funny how we've both worn such similar ones... military wife, mom, single mom... we should go shoe shopping to celebrate. Have I ever told you about my shoe fairy?
Anyway, thanks for being such a good friend. You're awesome!!!

HappyBack said...

"you're like the Holy Ghost of blogging"

Is that lightning-worthy?

I guess annee will find out soon enough.

Cindi M said...

I'm pretty sure that my calves wouldn't fit into those boots. I'd tell you "the calf story," but I'm sworn to secrecy by my husband. One of those embarrassing moments. But, I'm thinking you might have one more thing to teach him. Tell him that ladies have different sized calves! :)

calibosmom said...

How old is he? My daughter is 9-if he is anywhere close to that number then he's ours! Now, you'll have to tell him my daughter is not ready to be a mother next year and I won't let her wear those boots until they are married and that won't be for about another 15 years.

Annemarie said...

So very cute!!!

HappyBack said...

it's Monday. enough boots. blog, damn you, BLOG!