let me elaborate. SOMEONE of the three has issues with accuracy. i think it's safe to rule out the girl. that leaves two boys. at least 5 out of 7 days a week, there is a puddle next to the toilet. not a few sprinkles... a puddle. there is pee everywhere. and the seat is soaked. my little encyclopedia-brown-girl-detective-mind has deduced that the culprit begins peeing in the toilet, then moves over to the side. or the reverse.
skip and i have to clean the bathroom daily. DAILY! this is too much! so a few months back, i set out hell-bent to figure out who it was. the bathroom went on lockdown. no one could go without permission, and then i stood by and watched them go. there was great protest over this, but ironically, nary a drop of tinkle appeared amiss.
so i stopped policing. within a week, the puddles reappeared. i do have one theory... i think one child goes first thing in the morning, and is still groggy, and therefore misses. however, this doesn't fit in with my sting operation, since no pee appeared that week. maybe i scared said child into not waking up early to pee?
anyway. here's my pee plea: WHAT SHOULD I DO??? i know some very twisted moms read this blog, along with some really sweet loving moms. i'm open to ideas from all. but it has to stop. now.
7 comments:
Oh yuck. I'd just force them to sit. And you and your hubby should not be cleaning toilets, that's what kids are for!
I'm with Paige. Make toilet cleaning their job every day. Or throw some Cheerios in there for them to sink. Or make him wear diapers.
Hey. My name is Heidi. And I'm a lurker. I have to comment on this one. I was having the same exact issue with the boys not aiming. I started having my boys on daily bathroom/toilet cleaning duty and they were thoroughly grossed out at the thought of having to clean up pee. Guess who doesn't miss the target anymore? And guess who doesn't have to clean toilets and surrounding floors anymore?
I had NO idea when I was potty training my son, teaching him to AIM and keep the AIM until finished was part of the process.
Let me tell you........it doesn't get better when they grow up. Ok, that's not funny I know. Sorry! Yuck :)
how about a sitting rule? all males are required to sit during usage of the facility anytime before 10:00 am.
I had the same problem here.
Then...I found my middle kid, groggy and using the facilities in.the.dark. first thing in the morning. That solved my little mystery
I used to work with a Jamaican guy named Newton. One night when he was a teenager back in Kingston, Newton got loaded up on Red Stripe and came up and wandered into the bathroom, and in a drunken stupor unzipped and "started peeing away."
But whoopsy, he wasn't at the toilet, he was just standing in the corner of the room!
And WHOOPSY, it wasn't the bathroom, it was his mother's bedroom!
She beat him within an inch of his life, right there on the spot, Newton still unzipped and probably still peeing.
I recommend you do this. Newton never peed in the corner of her room again.
Violence is the answer to all life's problems.
Post a Comment