Tuesday, November 20, 2007

victory is mine! (i hope)


so. i reviewed your suggestions, plus several others i received via email. we had one incident where the offending party was required to clean up a puddle... and it was very effective. no more puddles for several days. then another puddle appeared, so i added the sign. it's well laminated, so it will easily wipe clean. the kids laughed so hard at the picture of the baby on the potty, as well as the fact that the word "pee" is in print, that they have good-naturedly agreed to sit. this, combined with the realistic promise that they will clean the floor, has thus far held off any further puddle making. i don't want to jinx myself here, but i'm holding out high hopes that we've found a solution. i told them i'll be keeping my fingers crossed, and if they're not careful the bathroom will be locked down again, and they'll be keeping their legs crossed.


5 comments:

Celia Fae said...

I know this is going to sound weird, but I enjoy looking at your husband on your header. He looks friendly and I like his head.

I can't wait to see if the pee thing works. If I told my boys to sit down they would laugh. I need to have more control like you.

Paige said...

Oh good, you took my advice! Now you get to worry about demasculating your sons. I'll be looking for another post on that!

Rynell said...

Victory dance required.

The sign makes me laugh. I'll have to keep this in mind in case our puddle problems return.

It's fun to reconnect! A heartfelt hello to your parents too!

brent said...

It's unnatural to make a boy sit to pee if that's his only function. I don't know your son, but my guess is that he's going to stand if he can. Turn your back, and he'll be peeing homo erectus. Period. Hell, if you'd let him, he'd do it outside. I would if I could get away with it.

Suzie Petunia said...

I have puddle problems myself. Well, I mean my 2 little boys make puddles and they are a problem for me! I'm glad to see that a bit of humor is saving the day.

Say HI to your parents from me! I sure love those people. Tell your mom I learned The Hallelujah chorus from her when I was in ward choir and I still sing it every year. I'm singing in a community choir xmas concert next week and we'll be singing it then!