Monday, December 22, 2008

Opinions Please

Just trying to get a feel for which color people seem to prefer. Please be a gem and leave me a comment... do you prefer the picture on the left with the warmer, more muted tones or do you like the cooler, crisper look of the one on the right?

And feel free to also tell me what handsome boys I have. I need positive reinforcement because they are all driving me crazy on this winter break... if I have to play one more board game... I mean I'm up for a game or two, but by the 35th round of Monopoly, I'm out.

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

They are both fabulous. I like them for different reasons. The warmth in the one, the sharpness in the other. (Just like you already said.)

Now, I know nothing about decorating/art/design etc etc etc, BUT, my uneducated guess would be that the picture you use would vary depending on what or where you were using it. I can see the one on the left framed and in a room with warm colors. Reds, oranges, browns. The one on the right would work better in a room with blues, greens. The one on the left would be great for a fall picture and I'd use the coloring on the right for a snow picture.

Like I said, I know nothing. Ask Christie or Denae. They're brilliant with their camera (as are you!) or Ilene. She seems to have an eye for artsy fartsy decorating stuff.

martha corinna said...

Such handsome boys!
I like the crisper photos of the boys, but there are times I prefer a bit of sepia.
By the way, I loved your DVD, it was lovely. Someday I'll get my Christmas cards in the mail, not today though, there is at least a foot of snow on my road and that is a good enough excuse to make them new years cards.

Desi said...

I personally like the cool, crisper looking pictures on the right.

They are both absolutely adorable.
Hang in there until school starts again and you too will realize just how adorable they are :)

Kimberly said...

I like the more traditional black and white, so the ones on the right. (Although they both look great, so if you like the other pictures better than go with the left). They look like darling boys with cute personalities. And I hate monopoly. And chutes and ladders (with the younger set).

HILLARY said...

warmer , specially cause i'm freezing! and cause i like the look of it :)

♥Shally said...

I like the warmer tones...

Great pics! And yes, you do have some beautiful boys there. Send 'em on over when you tire of them- Jax needs to play with boys.

Ilene said...

Warmer tones.

Handsome boys but that is easy for me to say because the pictures are silent.

diane said...

I like the warmer tones. Those boys are so cute. I'm sorry you have to play bored, I mean board games. Just imagine that they are leaving on their missions soon.

Tristan said...

The pictures on the right. I like the more modern clean black and white look.

And your boys are dashingly adorable! ;)

Bridget said...

I like the one on the right in cooler tones. Yes, your boys are adorable. Yes, I have played Sorry and Yahtzee about 742 times in the past week. We had school canceled everyday last week so it has been NON-STOP games around here.

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

I think I like all the ones on the right. But tough. I got your card right before I left for Texas so I was able to enjoy. I should have brought it in the car for entertainment for the kids. Loved seeing all the comments on my beautiful baby, Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Lauren in GA said...

Look at those handsome boys!!

I know...we just started winter break and I. am. done.

I like the crisper look on the right. Maybe because I think of winter as crisp and clean.

Brynne said...

I'm going to have to go against the grain and say hands-down the coloring on the pics on the left. The boys look more "real". (And yes, they are quite handsome!)

Paige said...

Definitely the ones on the right. The lefts ones look like they have a little jaundice.

They are unbelieveably adorable.

calibosmom said...

I like the crisp ones. I agree with Paige, they look a bit yellow.

Marie said...

I kinda like the jaundiced look. They are cute and loveable.

Lorie said...

After reading the great comments above, I stick with my original thought - you have to please the customer...so, if you're the customer, my dear... do whatever the heck pleases you! But personally, 1) they're absolutely adorable and only second to my grandsons in cuteness, and 2) my preference, if I were the client, would be the higher contrast black and white...you could also angle them in the photo instead of shooting straight on - a little tip I picked up in my photography 101 class at RISD :-)