Thursday, December 4, 2008

No One Can Take Your Place, Baby.

So B is gone for a few days. Missin him like crazy. Got a lot of anxiety over this trip. Legal issues involved. Things went well. Glad it's over with. He'll be home tomorrow. 'Nuff said.

He loves Vienna Fingers. He bought himself a package right before he left. This was on or around Monday of this week. Today is Thursday. The kids haven't had any of them. They are gone.

I like to think of it as my way of staying close to him while we're apart. Sure there's texting, phone calls, etc. And that's all good stuff. Important stuff. But the Vienna Fingers... they understand me. They reach down deep to my core and speak to me. Much like my husband does when he's here. Since he's not... well... it'd be a shame for me to sit here and feel lonely and empty.

Right?

21 comments:

Clair said...

Girl, you better get to the store for a replacement!

Anna said...

There's nothing like a little sweet to soothe the soul. I wonder why food does that for us. I don't know the answer, but I'm glad it does.

gab said...

So glad it's over and he's coming home. Vienna Fingers sound surprisingly good right now.

Nedra Tietjen said...

I love your blog! What a beautiful family. It looks to me like your photography skills are excellent but good for you for always wanting to improve. Thanks for all the comic releif you have been sending my way. I love it!

Lisa-Marie said...

Last time your hubby was gone I wanted to send you chocolate to help ease the pain, but since you don't like chocolate (cause your crazy!) I sent nothing. Now, I know what to send next time!!!!!

So glad that it is over and he is almost home. CELEBRATE girl, CELEBRATE!

Kathy B! said...

Empty was the key word there. Ya gotta FILL that emptiness. With cookies :)

On a different not I'll let you know how things progress with Emily. She almost died of pneumonia when she was 11 months, and the current hypothesis is that the hardcore antibiotics damaged her hearing.

She's SIX now and it kills me that no one (ME) figured this out until her speech got so bad compared to her identical twin's....

Hazen5 said...

I like that idea! When Rob's gone, I am going straight for the "Chunky Monkey" ice cream. I like your logic.

Skip said...

What the duece? Did you say the Vienna Fingers are gone? Are you kidding me, I leave for two and a half days and you eat a whole package of cookies. do you know how much "exercise" you're going to have to do to work those off? Wait a second...you better have your work-out clothes on when I get home.

Love ya like a Vienna Finger dipped in hot coa coa, see ya soon.

Christie said...

This from the girl who always lectures us about our junk food eating? Hip, hip, hooray. It's nice to know you're human like the rest of us, girl.

calibosmom said...

Completely logical. My missing you cookie would be ginger snaps.

Bridget said...

I don't eat cookies that have body parts in their name. But I do understand the wanting a connection with the hubby. And hey, if you can eat a box of cookies by yourself and still look as good as you do.....who needs a reason?!

Paige said...

I'd trade my husband for a candy bar. Thanks for the update.

diane said...

I feel that way about mint Oreos. Okay all chocolate.

Eat up you cute, skinny girl.

Annemarie said...

It would be a shame for an opened bag of cookies to go uneaten.
Glad it's over!

Kate Benson said...

Okay, you have no idea who I am, but I crack up at every comment you make on Marthas blog (the G train)... you are hilarious. I'm her sis-in-law, Brads sister. I love your humor.

martha corinna said...

Right! I don't think I've ever had Vienna Fingers, but I'm about to go lookin for them.

Kimberly said...

I think you did the hubby a favor. Those Vienna fingers would have gone stale while he was gone, and now he can have a fresh package!
Glad it went well.

♥Shally said...

I was just glad to hear that you succumb to the SWEET treat every once in a while... :)

Ilene said...

Looks like someone is due for a spanking...

Is that too dirty to write?

If so, don't approve this message.

When my husband is away, I not only turn to ice cream but also Mr. Darcy.

Travelin'Oma said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! It was fun to reconnect...Your photos are beautiful.

Lauren in GA said...

You just didn't want them to go stale. You are service oriented like that.