Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let's See... What Did We Do Today???

Since it snowed, we had to go sledding. We decided to try a really steep hill on campus, which was fun for about 2 runs. The hike back up with snow-filled boots and frozen wrists was more than we could handle. *By "we" I mean everyone who wasn't dry and toasty, standing at the top of the hill taking pictures.

Next we got to practice our camera skills a little more. *By "we" I mean the only child left who I haven't yet accosted and will still actually placate me, together with myself.

She is too beautiful.


















Then came a half-hearted attempt at a picture of all five kids. There's always that one... I'm telling you... I can't even remember what he was ticked off about, but I can assure you it was insignificant and CERTAINLY not worth the drama and headache he caused me. Although in the end, I find the picture amusing.






Later in the evening, we had some kids from the University basketball team over. They are from Brazil and are stuck here for the holidays. They have a game on the 29th, and can't leave town. Our kids adore them, and they are a lot of fun to have around. I made feijoada for them... which is Brazilian beans and rice with a gluttony of meats mixed in. Then we played Cadoo, which was hilarious with college kids whose second language is English. We had to give them a "free pass" on humming "knick knack paddywhack, give a dog a bone." My kids were appalled that they didn't know the song.
Since they are still in their early 20's, they enjoy tickling and wrestling, and letting kids climb all over them. We support that as we sit comfortably on the other couch in peace.
All in all, a very enjoyable day. And oh yeah... today is our anniversary. Two years! Can you believe it? Last year's anniversary was big stuff. This year, we've barely had time to acknowledge it. I think we're waiting until after Christmas when all our kids are gone. You can read about last year's big deal here if you're interested.


14 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

What a super fun day! I'm still trying to find enough courage to take my kids sledding. They LOVE it for about ten minutes and then are miserable. Is that really worth all the effort? You've inspired me!

That group shot is PERFECT! And REAL! Love it.

Happy Anniversary! Your marriage post is so wise. I have learned so much about marriage from you in the past year and I appreciate it. You and Skip are a match made in heaven. ahhhh.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Christie said...

Have to come out of my self-imposed blogging hiatus to say GORGEOUS picture of Samantha. Blow that mother up huge and frame it, sista. You got a winner.

Annie said...

You are SO cool. Congratulations on your second year anniversary and many, many happy years ahead.

HILLARY said...

I always have one that won't smile! There is nothing better than a house full of kids - big and little! my son would love to have a bunch of big kids to play with!

Have a wonderful Christmas. I'm so glad I "know" you!

Anna said...

Merry Christmas Andrea. I loved your Christmas CD. Your family is beautiful, all of you.

diane said...

Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas!

What a cute family you have.

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Anniversary and Merry, Merry Christmas.

That picture of your daughter Samantha is gorgeous! What a beautiful girl.

I love that you find the picture where Keola wouldn't smile amusing. It really is true...it is funny because it captures the moment and supports the, "there's always that one..." comment perfectly.

We have no snow in Georgia but I so remember the cold wrists thing!

martha corinna said...

Happy Anniversary Andrea!

The Brazilian food sounds yummy. We always have foreign visitors from the University (BYU) who don't make it home and celebrate with us each year. My father works on campus and my brothers live at the French and German house. Yesterday we celebrated with a young man from eastern Russia and a young woman from Germany. There is always something to discuss and my children love it.

♥Shally said...

There really is ALWAYS one, isn't there? It is kinda funny after the yelling-at-them-to-smile-for-the camera-or-else time is over...

Samantha is going to be a heart breaker!!

Bridget said...

Yes, there always is that one who won't cooperate in the photo. But you are right, she is too pretty. Wow.

Congrats on your 2 yr anniversary.

Ilene said...

Why is it my husband who typically doesn't cooperate for the camera?

Could your house be any more perfect for the misplaced Brazilians? Nope; which is probably why you are there in that corner of Idaho.

Next time they come around though, tell them "Go Ducks!" for me.

Ilene said...

Oh wait, they belong to UI not WSU, right?

Nevermind. In that case, tell them "Go Vandals!" I can share the love with that university.

Rynell said...

Looks like fun! New blood for the kids to rough house.

Katie said...

All of your kids are stunning... and wait - where do we get these tall kid occupiers so that I can sit on couch in peace?!