Monday, December 29, 2008

How We Roll












This is business as usual for us. Three kids most of the time.


Then sometimes we bump it up to five kids. Lots of fun, lots of craziness, lots of laughter mixed with trying of patience.
















Occasionally we only have two kids. This is also very enjoyable, and a few notches quieter than five or three.
















But sometimes, when the planets align, this is who lives in our house:



Yes. Five becomes seven, then becomes four, and somehow whittles down to two. We have a whole week with just us. Before you all go screaming "HEY NO FAIR!" remember that we never got this phase in our marriage. We jumped right into a five child arrangement. So that phase where it's just you and your new spouse with no children? Yeah. Foreign to us. So we take advanatage of it wherever we can. And we spoil ourselves. We play board games. We go to the gym together. He thinks it's "cute" that I lift 30 pounds. I think it's phenomenally sexy that he lifts a couple hundred. We watch a movie together. We snack on yummy snacks that we don't have to share with anyone else. We stay up late and sleep in. We spend a couple hours downloading more music. Then we blast all our "inappropriate" music and enjoy it while we can.
It's good stuff.

14 comments:

martha corinna said...

I still say "no fair".
But I still wish you fun!

Lisa-Marie said...

Okay, you got me. I was going to yell, no fair, or maybe even make a quick nine hour trip to your house where it will be so nice and quiet, but you are right. You deserve it.

Plus, apparently, it isn't so nice and quiet, what with all the inappropriate music and all.

Have a great time!

Lauren in GA said...

Happy Honeymoon week!

Tristan said...

Ah! I miss those days! Enjoy them!

Paige said...

5 kids? You deserve it.

Kennedy said...

no wonder you're not answering your chat... poor me. fine. i get it.

Anna said...

Keep it clean, keep it clean.

Katie said...

LOVE downloading music and just listening... and yep, gonna say it - HEY NO FAIR!

Rynell said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and yes, you do deserve time for the two of you. Enjoy it while you have it.

calibosmom said...

I hope you're having lots of sex too-you didn't have that in your list of things to do together. Can I hear a WOOP WOOP!

Christie said...

It would be good to warn people if it's just you and the hubs. Otherwise, someone could knock on your door unexpectedly and catch you 'unawares,' if you know what I mean? Like the old saying goes, if this house is rockin', don't come a knockin'.

♥Shally said...

Very, very jealous over here.

I would love to have some alone time with my hubby!!

Ilene said...

Merry Christmas to you. I would write more for a comment but unfortunately I have a screaming baby that I have no one to pawn off on. This often leads to me blasting out inappropriate phrases whether or not the kids are around.

HappyBack said...

I'm having trouble with the math.