So my husband hates anything edible that is associated with the ocean. As in the last time I gave the kids seaweed with their rice, he excused himself from the table and ate at the bar, gagging all the way.
So. Since he wasn't here for supper last night, we had sushi burritos. I'm way too lazy to actually break out the bamboo mat to roll and slice my sushi. So we just load up a wrap and eat it burrito style. Our favorite ingredients are avocado, egg, carrot, cucumber, scallion, ginger, rice and tuna. I know, I know, where's the raw fish? Here's my motto: cheat cheat, I love to eat. We dip it in a little side dish of Aloha Shoyu... best stuff EVER... and it is the easiest meal you can imagine. 
*I know you're reading my blog on the other side of the country baby... Doesn't that look GOOOOOOOOODDDDD?????? mmmmmmmmmmmm....
This week I have to prepare something for Teacher Appreciation. I guess not enough people know that I'm employed part time as a teacher... and I should actually be on the receiving end of the goodies. Bummer. They asked for a finger food- either appetizer or dessert. Any suggestions? Sushi burritos are out.
13 comments:
I am with Skip-- BLECH!! The only seafood I can eat is breaded shrimp or Salmon with A LOT of seasoning. Even then, I don't like it much. BLECH!! Again. T
I have a great recipe for these little cream cheese chicken croissant thingies. I will email it to you, and you can try them out.
Anything would be better than those stinky burritos. Ooops, I meant SUSHI burritos. (or did I?)
Check out pioneer woman cooks for some delicious recipes. I LOVE her food.
I am impressed at your children's willingness to eat such a variety of foods. Good for you for exposing them. I think that's such a huge part of it. I hadn't looked at your blog in a while and thoroughly enjoyed your post titled "them vs. me." How true this is. It's funny how priorities can change so drastically. I'm with ya on staying warm. Plus, with my luck, if I wore those heals I'd end up on my toosh looking like a fool anyway. I'll just save myself the embaressment and stay warm. By the way, I really like your picture from the ROTC spring formal.
They look intriguing. My kids wouldn't come close to it, but my husband might. We only like the california rolls. Maybe it's a California thing :)
Feed me Seymour!!!!!!!
oh, and cool new site!
seafood - yum. cooked though please. california rolls, i'll take.
Baby, you are killing me. Sushi burritos?!
Shally, if I had a five you'd be in, double BELCH.
Maria, don't give her any more ideas.
Hillary, you're raising good boys. Don't blame eating stuff that feeds on the bottom of the ocean on the great state of California. I'm from Cali, I know Cali, and real Cali people don't eat sushi.
Three little bells, I just have one thing to say to you, OUR KIDS ARE BRAINWASHED! They think that they have to try something ten times before they can say that they don't like it. Andrea plays ocean sounds in their rooms at night.
and Lisamarie, shame on you. Seymour would never feed Audrey II anything but people.
Love you baby, I'm going to have a nice piece of cow for dinner.
My kids are like yours. They looooove seafood. It can get pricey...but better than Happy Meals, eh? (Which they looooove as well.)
The best part of this post is your husbands comments to everyone! I love it when the spouse gets involved a little.
As for the sushi burritos, I like the simplicity of how your mind works. I have 7 picky eaters in my house, husband included! But I am always up for new and good. I think we are going to have a seafood night at my house very soon cuz those look yummy!
I am total CA and my kids love sushi. We fight out the raw fish/nigiri because they always want the fish part and leave me with the rice. It's total kid food- you pick it up with your fingers, colorful, dippable, and expensive, just like a lunchable. What's not to like? You are nice to make it when skip is out of town though.
When I eat sushi I feel like someone spat a gooey wad of phlegm into my mouth. mmmmmmm.... gag.
I eat sushi burritos in Hawaii, but only if someone else makes them for me. I wish I had one right now. My sinus cavities need to be cleared out.
Your husband is the best. Plus he has that uniform....
Post a Comment