Tuesday, March 18, 2008

All Over The Place

I feel like I have a million things I've been meaning to post about, and never gotten around to. So this post will be all over the place (Katie-style)

First off, Meex has found his new passion. He loves to be in the kitchen. After his huge success with the ribs and the cookies, he wants to cook all the time. He does, however, struggle with onions.
Enter the army goggles.
What they lack in style, they make up for in effective tear-prevention, and I am more than happy to turn this task over to him.

We went bowling the other day with some friends. Our only friends, actually. Well, our only friends in Idaho. We've become oddly anti-social since moving here. Could it have something to do with all my friends being inside my computer? Or are all the people here just weird?

I digress.

Noe squatted in front of the lane and shoved her ball down. It ricocheted off the bumpers, and about five minutes later, gently tapped a pin or two. It was like watching slow motion. It took FOREVER.



The main highlight was packing five children onto a simulated roller coaster ride, and watching them scream with delight and act like they were holding on for dear life. It was ridiculous, but fifty cents very well spent.

This guy broke the high score in whack-a-mole. He put the quarter in for Noe to play, and she freaked out. They were actually alligators, not moles, and she was scared of them. Rather than waste the quarter, Skip put his military combative skills to good use and whacked the living snot out of the alligators. If it was Vegas, it would've been a jackpot.



Mika discovered he doesn't need bumpers to bowl anymore. While his brother is still hurling the bowling ball shotput style down the lane, Mika has developed a bit of technique and skill. Just a bit, mind you. I'm really starting to like the new haircut. I miss the curls, but he's getting so handsome and grown-up, I can't help but adore him.


And then there's B. This guy is the best. We discovered today that he has a very important event at work that falls during (DUN, DUN, DUN...) Women's Conference/Blogapalooza. He had originally planned to take leave, and pull some daddy-duty. This was going to throw it all off. But he sent me this email:
I don't know how I missed this but I'll work around it. Commissioning is the biggest thing we do here so I need to be at the ceremony. Again, I don't know how this got missed but I want you to know that I want you to go and have a great time at blog-a-la-poop-a-lot.

What a guy, huh? He could've just said, Sorry babe. Tough luck. But we did some tag-teaming and some coordinating... and worked it out. We have been super busy this week, and it's only getting busier for the next month. I miss him in that business. I look forward to our little hour at the end of the day, when it's quiet and just us. No phone, no kids, no computer, just me and B. It's my favorite part of the day.


On a final note, last night I told him not to stress about getting that camera exactly by March 30th. I want to make sure I've selected the one I really want, and shopped around for the best deal on it. That may not happen by March 30th. He looked relieved when I told him not to worry if it wasn't wrapped up on my bday. A little too relieved, actually. So I gently reminded him that he damn well better have SOMETHING wrapped to present me with on that day.

Love you B!

18 comments:

The Mencl's said...

Now you've got me wanting to take my kids bowling. It sounds like you had a good time! I love the goggles. I need some of those. I also need a handsome young cook to wear them. Very cute! I love the Blog-a-la-poop-a-lot! That's how my husband would have described it also. Very sweet that Skip takes such good care of you! He's a keeper. As for Idahoans, I have lived in a few other places and I have had the hardest time with a social life in Idaho. It's weird. I decided that I must just be odd. I have lived in 6 wards here over the last 7 years and I have not one person that I hang out with and call a good friend. Not to feel sorry for me, I just know what your talking about when you say something is not right with people in Idaho. It's lonely. I'm glad that you have a huge group of friends here in blog world though. I'd hang out with you if you lived closer! If you come for the temple dedication, please let me know. I'd love to meet you and your cute family. If you need a place to stay, my door is open. It would be fun, and my husband is in law enforcement so it's not quite the same as the military but our husbands could even find something to talk about. It would be fun! Let me know what you think.

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

It is so awesome that Mika likes to cook. Chop onions, sadie would never do that. I am so impressed.

Christie said...

YOU MUST COME TO BLOG-A-LA-POOP-ALA. Love his name for it. My husband just rolls his eyes when I get all excited and start talking about my pretend internet friends.

Very cute pics of the bowling outing. I need to be a good mother and do stuff like that more often. Mine love it.

Motherhood for Dummies said...

ha ha love the goggle picture chopping the onions. My husband will laugh at me cause he will walk in and totally find me like that sometimes :)

HappyBack said...

I'm not getting you jack crap on your birthday.

HappyBack said...

I'm not getting you jack crap on your birthday.

HappyBack said...

I'm not getting you jack crap on your birthday.

HappyBack said...

I'm not getting you jack crap on your birthday.

♥Shally said...

I use sunglasses when I chop onions, but the goggles would work SO much better!

And blogapoopalot would not be the same without you. You are the only person I feel like I "know" well!!

Thank Heavens for good husbands! :)

HappyBack said...

I just reread this post... TELL ME- PLEASE- that you're not one of those mothers who kept her son in his girly curls until he was WAY past any logical and socially acceptable girly-curl age, just because you thought they looked adorable... PLEASE tell me this kid wasn't a little gay Prince of England until he was NINE!

the wrath of khandrea said...

listen steve, you stupid jerk, leave my son's hair alone. you can peruse my entire blog for hours and hours and look at all the pictures of him and his hair and see that it was JUST FINE.

stupid.

and quit taking up all my comment space. and buy me a birthday present.

jerk.

the wrath of khandrea said...

still heart ya though.

HappyBack said...

Ok, I scrolled back through, and at no point in your blog have I seen a picture of this kid looking in the least bit effeminate. So as the arbiter of all things socially acceptable, I am waving a Catholic cross in the air over his former haircut, until I see a picture to prove me wrong on this.

I'm sure you've seen the kids I'm talking about though. And I'm sure you're as disgusted by it as I am. Note to all mothers reading this blog comment: If at ANY POINT in your son;s life, anyone asks "What's your little girl's name? She's adorable!" -- CUT HIS HAIR. It is NO LONGER CUTE to anyone but you. Your husband does NOT agree with you; but he's too afraid of your reaction to tell you so.

Heart you too, babe.

Yes I called another man's wife BABE.

lisamarie said...

the boys look smashing. I really dig the new look. the curls were good but they both look real good this way too.

isabel attended a bowling b-day party last week - which consisted of 15 four-yr-old bowlers. you can imagine how L O N G that party lasted. it was cute for about the first 5 minutes...then it got excruciating.

martha corinna said...

Great husband.
I totally understand about having to have a present on that day, at least something to unwrap. For the last year when any holiday approaches my husband tries to tell me that my present is my new house that is about to be completed. I counter with an I don't think so or there is no way in hell. A refrigerator and range do not count as a mother's day, anniversary, birthday, Christmas, and valentines day present. Sorry.

Jenna said...

I just wanted to say HI! I'm an Oremite with no reason not to be at Blog-a-la-poop-a-lot as your very sweet DH called it.

So, I thought I'd try to meet some more people in advance.

Funny post. LOVE the goggles. Onions and I are OK, but I will advise my mother.

Celia Fae said...

Even though I really like your blog, you know why I am here in your comments. Bwaahahaha.

I know why you took your kids bowling. It's because they look so great in photos holding bowling balls.

Tell Skip we all appreciated his support and he can call it whatever he wants.

Katie said...

sigh. I am so proud. you are all over the place. you are even digressing. it's just beautiful.

where is this blog-a-poop thing? I wanna go.

Bowling. hmm. Maybe I'll take the boys, yuo might have just motivated me. maybe.