Monday, March 2, 2009

Snooze Entry

So we've been a little busy. That's putting it mildly. Take a look at a few highlights:

Skip and I had a fabulous night out together. The event itself was so-so on the scale of entertainment, but anytime I can spend several hours dressed up with this guy by my side is a winning event in my book.


The annoying part is when your husband looks more eye-catching than you do. Or maybe it's just when I have to pass the camera off to someone else to take the picture, they just can't capture my beauty quite right. Yeah, that's what it is.


Mika participated in the jazz choir this year, as part of the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival. I cannot believe the amount of time they put into rehearsing and performing. As you can see, he was a little wiped by the end.


Don't worry though. Nothing a little award at Scouts can't cure. Merit badges? Belt loops? Not NEARLY as cool as winning a game and getting the giant sucker for a prize. I tried to congratulate him on his several belt loops and activity badges that he earned, but all I got in return was "Mom, the wrapper on this thing is so tight I can't get it off. Can you?" Sure, honey.


Tooth Be Gone! Keola will be eight in July, and he has lost one tooth on his own. The dentist yanked out three in order to make more space in his mouth, but nothing else has really happened to warrant money under the pillow. So he was thrilled to lose this bad boy. He was even more thrilled when this morning, at 6:00, he watched me walk into his room, reach under the pillow, remove the tooth, and replace it with a buck. I forgot yesterday, I forgot today, so I just figured what the heck. He wants the money, I want the guilt gone... easy fix.
And how's this for something else: Noe is wearing my favorite childhood dress. When I was about her age, I loved it. I wanted to wear it all the time. And yes, I still have it. So what if her brothers kept calling her a pioneer! It was a nostalgic moment for me. So what if she was crying because she didn't want to be a pioneer! It was a nostalgic moment for me. She eventually got over it, and loved that she was wearing Mommy's little girl pioneer dress. It's the same one I wore when we crossed the plains.

So this is a snooze entry. Boring to most, warranting a snooze if you make it to the end.

19 comments:

Rynell said...

I crossed the plains in similar attire.

Is it just me or do your kids all have the most amazing dimples?

Tristan said...

I didn't think this was boring at all!

I love that Noe is wearing your pioneer dress! Did you go by wagon or handcart? ;) She is so beautiful!

And I thought that picture of you and Skip is really great! You look beautiful!

katyvee said...

Uh.. about the pimped out coat..what exactly IS your husband?
Royalty?

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

I see the trend with passing clothes down in your family. Sooooo are you passing down the outfit that your mom passed down to you. Will that be a proud moment in your home when Noe is off at college shakin her groove thang in that outfit???? What will her brothers think then? I wonder.....

Katie said...

It has been way too long since I have been by your blog. I'm a bad blogging friend. But umm, I haven't been to anyone's... so I guess I'm bad to everyone. Head hanging low.

Love getting dressed up and going out. Tooth? Jaden's have been missing for MONTHS. Suckers instead of belt loops? Easy choice for happiness. Dress you used to wear... stupid girls. I of course only say that, because I don't have any to play with.

I'll be a better blogging friend and be by more often. Umm, I think.

Ilene said...

Ah, you should have worn the pioneer dress to the soiree with Skip. That would ensure that you were more eye catching than Skip.

However, I think you quite lovely without the pioneer dress.

Bridget said...

That is so cool you kept a dress from your childhood. And have Noe wearing it. Awesome. I wish I had kept a dress my mom made for me when I was 6. It was the same fabric she used to make the curtains in the laundry room. I think she just had some extra fabric and decided to make a dress out of it.

Looking at that giant sucker makes my teeth hurt even more.

calibosmom said...

Maybe you should have made a pink pioneer dress for your night out with Skip...that would have made you look over the top fabulous! I guess I'll have to start giving out giant suckers for Scouts...I guess that's the trick! You do look fabulous by the way!!! I didn't even notice that guy next to you...Hubba Hubba!

cgmiller63 said...

Love the photo of you and Skip! The pioneer dress is not too shabby either. I think I saw Nikki wearing one just like it on Big Love....LOL

Lauren in GA said...

What are you talking about, lady? You look gorgeous in that picture! That man of yours is pretty eye-catching but you are beautiful and make superb arm candy.

I can see why Mika was entranced with that giant sucker. At least you got a picture before he dug in.

I love that Keola saw the beautiful and mysterious Tooth Fairy enter his room and bestow on him one buck.

I love the dress that you, "crossed the plains" in! (that made me laugh) I am older than you are so I guess I should get my animal skins out for my kids to get nostalgic.

Sheliza said...

awesome photos and what a lovely couple you and the hubby make! I love the big lollipop. Great photos and what a nice looking family you have there! Have a great day :)

martha corinna said...

You look beautiful.

And that dress! It is so lovely. But it still doesn't measure up to the Peter Rabbit.

Lisa-Marie said...

Uh, did you have your eyes shut when you looked at the picture of you two? The perfect match. You look absolutely stunning.

kara jayne said...

I don't know what your talking about...you look GORGEOUS!! Oh, and I have a dress that I had when I was two and had both my daughters get their pictures in it when they were two. I love it and I love the pictures...I get it!

Christie said...

Definitely not a snoozer post. I like random life update posts. And you and Skip look HOT at the fancy dinner there, sister. Did you lug your big camera out for the event or take along a tiny one? I never know what to do for stuff like that.

diane said...

You and Skip clean up good.

I love your pink pioneer dress.

Hollyween said...

Not a snoozer post. But I wouldn't let your daughter go out in public in her pioneer dress. Just sayin'.

I love the pic of you and Skip. The handsome, happy couple!

gab said...

How adorable is that heirloom dress?! I am jealous. My little sisters trashed all my clothes. Curse them...

Jenibelle said...

Wow...that's one hot couple!!
How did you preserve that dress so it retained the perfect pepto-bismal pink? Especially after crossing the plains and all...