My husband loves me. He speaks my language. I speak Blog. So he wrote this post for me tonight. He speaks Army. Hope you can interpret.
ATTENTION TO ORDERS:
THE SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER OF BIRTHDAYS, ACTING UPON THE RECOMMENDATION OF ANDREA’S PARENTS, HAS PLACED SPECIAL TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN THE MATURITY, GRACE, AND BEAUTY OF ANDREA. IN VIEW OF THESE SPECIAL QUALITIES AND HER DEMONSTRATED POTENTIAL TO SERVE IN THE HIGHER AGE, ANDREA IS THEREBY PROMOTED TO THE PERMANENT AGE OF ONE YEAR OLDER THAN LAST YEAR, EFFECTIVE 30 March 2009.
That’s right, today is the day that the sparkle in Andrea’s parents' eyes some years ago became the bright ray of sunshine in my life today. Today I share my love and appreciation for her by telling her as well as all of you, how lucky and blessed I am to have her in my life. In the infamous words of those three little dudes on the cereal box, “she’s the snap that puts the crackle in my pop”.
Happy Birthday Baby
What a guy, huh? Love him. He took me out for Mexican this afternoon. My kids made supper tonight. Quesadillas (be sure to pronounce those L's).


Please note my cheese has been arranged in the shape of the letter "M" for "Mom". I know, right?

Then after supper each of my kids told me why they love me and gave me a gift. Noe gave me a new pink Nike shirt for the gym.

Keola gave me a balloon. I think he's hoping I'll give it back to him. I won't.

Mika gave me a sweet pair of black and pink Nike pants for the gym.

And my super hot husband gave me a new flash. Sweet. And a new tripod. Sweet. And a new brown skirt and orange shirt. I'm into orange right now. He reads me like a book.
I adore my kids. Mostly when they're being extra nice to me and not fighting with each other.
This guy spoils me. I love him and am so lucky to be so happily married to him. We work at it all the time, and we do pretty well. I am glad he cares enough to try. Thanks for making my birthday so fantastic baby! I LOVE YOU!!!
And thanks to all my friends and family who called to wish me well. My awesome stepkids called. (Congrats, Jordan, on winning the Jr. Jazz championships tonight!) That was great. Even my crazy blogging friends that I have met through this fantastic hobby, and who have become my friends in real life, called to share the love. Once you meet up for supper and then exchange phone numbers, you're not imaginary friends anymore. How cool is that???
37 comments:
Happy happy birthday! It sounds like it was just perfect.
If only I woulda know sooner. I guess I'm not that much of a blogger friend! Looks like you had a wonderful day! Happy Birthday. (If you were on facebook, i totally woulda know. It tells me when my friends have bdays!!!)
Sending warm CA birthday wishes!!!
I live under a rock.
Love everything about this post, you look fantastic in that last picture. Print it, frame it, display it!
Happy Birthday from your friend, the inner earth troll.
Happy, happy birthday! Very cute post! Glad you were celebrated (and celebrated so well!).
Happy Birthday!!
Awesome photos. You guys all look so happy and cute together. What a good birthday. Skip did a great job with the flash and tripod- I can't wait to see you use it.
Happy Birthday!
You look good in orange and those earrings are way cute.
I'm glad your family spoiled you.
I need your phone number now.
I'm glad you had a good day! Sorry it was so loud at the restaurant. But it was fun to wish you a Happy Birthday!!
Skip's post is seriously so sweet! He is a great guy!
Oh, rats. I missed it!
Happy
happy
happy
happy
{belated}
BIRTHDAY!!!!
As soon as I crawled into bed last night with my sleeping pill, I realized it was NOT the 29, but in fact the 30th, and thought to myself "Happy Birthday, Andrea." As I have done as I lay in bed every single year on your birthday. After a lifetime of having our birthdays hand in hand, whether I knew where you were or not, knowing you got older a whole week before me ;o)...he he just Kidding.
I'm glad your beautiful little family took good care of you for your birthday, and I totally got the military statement. Very well said.
Inspite of passing my wishes on a whole day late (okay, 8 hours and 51 minutes after it's passing) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Luv Ya.
I must be the only one who forgot. So my birthday wishes for you are late but carry the same sentiment as if they were on time. Love you. AB
"today is the day that the sparkle in Andrea’s parents' eyes some years ago became the bright ray of sunshine in my life today"- whoa girl, you got a keeper!
love the happy pictures of you opening the kids' gifts. So between Noe's and Mika's you got a whole outfit?
Happy Birthday! I must admit I am caught empty handed-- last year's reminders really were helpful. But I did think of you as I thought of me- remembering that we are one week apart. As if that's any consolation.
Happy Birthday from one of your still imaginary, but able to type, blogger friends. I'm big on birthdays-- so if I lived close ya would of at least scored lunch and a lipgloss from me.. (I'm also big on lip gloss..)
but glad your cute family made it just perfect.
(Note to self: I want a new pink outfit for the gym.)
Yup...I'm late! But HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway. So glad to know you and hope your whole week is great!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! That was an awesome post that your awesome husband made for you!!!!!! "She's the snap that puts the crackle in my pop." Boy howdy, Andrea it is TRUE love!!!!!!!!! I need to have my husband read this post!
I love the kids' gifts to you and the, "M" for Mom in your quesadiLLas.
And your husband flashed you for your birthday!? Awesome!!!! Oh, wait...I read that wrong...but a flash is a great gift ;)
Happy Birthday!
Your marriage always inspires me. You aren't pretentious, prideful, or pushy about it, you are just grateful and that is a gentle reminder. Thank you Andrea for your blogging example.
it's a good thing you love me so much. and are secure in my love for you.
Happy birthday, friend. You look gorgeous in those photos. Dang I hate people who are so effortlessly cute.
And you must share about the flash and tripod. What kind and how do you like them?
Honestly, my internet wasn't working ALL day yesterday. And that's not even a lie. I am glad you had a great day. you super cute girl, you.
All my love and then some.
oops. I guess I have been living under a rock because I missed your birthday. Sounds like it was a good one anyway. I love that you accepted your balloon and didn't give it back. Do your kids appreciate how funny you are? Probably not. You wear the orange shirt well. Or is that a different orange shirt in the picture?
Wait how am I supposed to remember something that isn't completely all about me without a month's worth of reminders?? Really Andrea, that was really selfish on your part. Maybe you'll be more thoughtful in the future. I'll expect my present in the mail. Oh wait, your birthday, your birthday... trying to put it in my brain.
Sorry I missed it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ... from your blogging friend that I'm sure us living too close to each other would be a bad thing as we seem WAY too much alike.
Are you wearing the shirt he gave you? He did good!!
Happy late brithday Andrea and Kudos to Skip!
I feel like I live under a rock. I would like to pretend I am ignorant and I am just a cyber friend. But the truth is, we share blood and I didn't even know. Heck I don't even have your phone number. Sooo sorry. Sounds like it was wonderful though. Have a happy week (our birthdays seem to span the week with the multiple celebrations by many family members, etc...you can use that tradition if you want.)
I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday!
It looks like my kind of party...hanging out with the cutest kids on the block :) (and the hot guys doesn't hurt either ;)
A husband who remembers a birthday (yeah, my husband forgets those too)?
You lucky girl. Hold onto that one.
Sorry I missed the "official" holiday but well, you know who I have been married to these past eight years so I suppose it rubs off.
Happy Birthday anyway!
Next year I'm taking you to Shopaholic 2! Happy birthday. You look great!
Happy Birthday!!!
I am so sorry I missed it. Not cool on my part. It looks like you had a great day. You look good in orange. :)
What are you, 25 now?
Sorry I missed your B-Day. From your blog it seems you had a very nice one indeed. Happy Birthday....26 isn't it?
Husbands who Blog are Great!!! Happy Birthday Ondy. I NEED your phone number because we are REAL friends right?! I hope you had the best day ever. Are you coming to Women's Conf.?
And don't worry, I got my eye on Mika too!
Just wanted to let Skip know that Andrea continues to be a sparkle in our eyes - that trumps a bright ray of sunshine. (36 sparkle to 3 ray of sunshine). Still, thanks for loving her and taking such good care of her for us. You are tops on our list.
Is your family trying to tell you something with all the workout clothes? That's brutal! I know you get my New England sarcasm! Happy Birthday hottie!
Seriously? 17 inchers?? Leave it to my son to have an accurate reading on those babies. Happy belated birthday! I am pressing charges on the school for making m;y poor baby go out in that frightful weather.
Sounds like a great birthday!
Happy BELATED Birthday!
So, I am a bad friend! I completely forgot your birthday. I must be under a rock, and some of us need your month long reminders!
I am glad that you had a great birthday and more than that, I am glad that you have found such a great guy.
We need to do an Applebee's run for both of your birthdays again. well, that is if I am going to admit that I am going to be 32. ha!
Happy late birthday!
You probably think I forgot your birthday. But I didn't. I spent the entire day in silent observance. I even bought you a crusty croissant and threw it towards northern Idaho at the end of the day as I shouted, "Happy Birthday, Andrea, my Mom made me buy this for you."
Post a Comment