Monday, May 26, 2008

Time Keeps On Ticking

I consider the summer to have officially started. Skip left today for a 6 week training stint. His leaving is like the start of a snowball rolling. School goes another week and a half, then we have 2 weeks until the kids leave for their summer visit at their dad's. When they leave, instead of sitting in this house all alone, I decided to go visit my brother and his family in Connecticut, and then go see my parents in NC. The day I fly home from that, Skip will finish his training. I will meet up with him for a week in Seattle to reconnect a bit... no kids, just us after 6 weeks apart. I'm already dying for it. A week later, Jordan and Sam fly in. We'll hang out at home for a few weeks, then drive down to Utah for a reunion with my college girlz. My 3 kids will fly back into Utah, at which point we will hang out a few more days in Utah before taking off for Southern Cal. We'll hang out there for a week or so, drive back up to drop off Jordan and Sam in Utah, and then wind our way back home. School starts shortly after that.
Can you even imagine the insanity? I am looking forward to it all, while holding my breath. I think everyone is going to be wiped out. Hopefully we'll be able to pull some successful family bonding out of it all... and at the very least, I'm expecting to get some good pictures taken. Poor Jordan and Samantha... they're going to have to pose for a week straight so I can even out the number of pictures I have of them vs. the number I have of the other three!





Anyway. I'm on a blogging blah. I have nothing exciting or witty to write about, so in the mean time, you're stuck with MORE PICTURES OF MY KIDS.
The End.

13 comments:

Linsey said...

Your summer schedule makes our plan seem like a breeze. At least you'll be keeping busy instead of pining and wallowing in self-pity!

Katie said...

you are doing a fabulous job with the camera! Umm, good luck with that summer... my plans right now are... do noting. awww. heaven.

gab said...

Your summer sounds crazy. I like the CT and NC part though...I live halfway in between if you need a stopping place.

Annemarie said...

You're getting good with that camera! Your summer sounds busy, but good. Everyone is happier when there's stuff going on! Have fun!

Tristan said...

Your children are beautiful! So we don't mind you posting pictures of them!

That is one crazy summer schedule!! Good luck with that! Have fun and be safe! Oh...and don't forget to blog about it all.

♥Shally said...

I like busy-- then there is no room for bored!! :)

6 weeks- oh.. I feel for you. The longest Zach and I did was 9 weeks, and I thought I would DIE.

GREAT pictures.

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

The pictures are awesome!!! I become more envious every time I take a picture.

AnnEE said...

um, have you seen like, every blog of mine?

Uhh...i don't have anything to post. look at hazen.

diane said...

I love a busy summer! Your kids have your eyes. I compared them to the picture on your sidebar. Love the princess. Fabulosity!

Rynell said...

Your kids are always adorable!

What a whirlwind summer you have planned! Sounds like lots of fun and I'm sure no one will ever say..."I'M BORED!"

Clair said...

How did I miss this post the first time around?! I know, I read the memorial day thing and thought that was it. Glad I scrolled down later to see these adorable pictures. My ultimate favorite is the b/w of Noe- 1st set, top right square! Glad you are having such fun with your camera. And you can probably always borrow a baby...

lisha said...

So I know you didn't mention it but will your plans include a stop to see your favorite Aunt Dolly and Uncle Jack and maybe we could drop in too? That would be cool to see you!

Christie said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS. Absolutely stunning.