Mika's birthday... in pictures (and a couple words):

We are ready to do some serious family biking. He was ready to ride the bike of men. I cried when I saw my baby on a bike with gears.

Birthday spankins are a must. As you can see by his face, he loved every one of them.

He invited a bunch of friends over for his party. They played football,

and basketball,

and had water balloon fights.

He got some fun presents,

and is now officially ten years old. He has made a huge effort this year to adjust to his new family situation. He is loyal and committed to his father, and he is unconditionally accepting and loving with Skip. He worked hard in school, got excellent grades, kept up with Scouts, played football and soccer, made new friends in a new town, and set a goal to be more patient and kind with his brother. I couldn't be prouder of him. A lot has been asked of him, and he continues to rise to the occasion.
14 comments:
Happy Birthday Mika! Looks like a very fun, very boyish party! He sounds like a good kid!
So glad to have you back blogging Andrea! Love the pic of the 3 of you!
Happy Birthday Mika, wow I remember you when you were a little boy. What a handsome guy you are now.
Glad you're back with your blogging, it's one I check every day. No pressure.
Love you, Anna
The birthday spankin picture is hilarious. You look adorable. And I love your 10 reasons for age 10 tradition. Happy Birthday to Mika!
Happy Birthday to one of the cutest 10 year old boys! I have a 9 year old cute daughter. We'll talk in about 6 years.
Glad you are back!
I was really going through withdrawals without you. Maybe now that you are back I'll post again. just trying to find the time.
Now that is a party that Jaxon would love to go to! Or shall I say NEEDS to go to..
Poor boy in a sea of girls...
And YAY YOUR BACK!!
Welcome back!
very nice, awesome party... & weather good enough for water balloon fights?! jealous.
yep, that's a lot for a kid to adjust to... been there, done that.
Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad you're back.
Happy birthday to Mika. My nine year old daughter would have loved the football, basketball, water baloon birthday party too.
I just love your birthday posts!
What a great great kid. Thanks for sharing him with us!
I love the last picture. Double digits is a huge deal!!
Sorry to any little ladies out there and your hopeful mothers. Mika has been "arranged" for nearly nine years now. it's best to just let things be. :)
Okay, I'm a little slow getting around blogland, and I missed when you came back. I'm glad you weren't gone long. Happy Birthday to you sweet and adorable boy. He really is so cute! And I love the last picture with you and Skip.
Post a Comment