Well, theoretically, I should be too busy to blog. Yet, here I am. This is a very busy weekend. It started yesterday when Skip and I took Noe to
the city (keeping anonymity here) for an appointment with her audiologist. There is not the necessary technology in our little town to regulate her hearing aids, so we sought out bigger and better. The visit was excellent (all THREE HOURS OF IT), we were so happy with the care she received.
A while back I noticed one of my new-found blogging friends lives in the area of
the city. So I emailed her and said, "HEY. Wanna rendezvous?" As it turns our, her real name IS actually
Jessica and she is NOT a 50 year old creepy male pervert. (As this was my husband's fear, he accompanied me on the meeting). Apparently, Jessica's husband was also slightly concerned, and joined us for lunch as well. We were well chaperoned, and it was so fun to meet someone that I have come to enjoy through blogging.

Our daughters became fast friends. Jane gave Noe a scorpion ring (which is akin to becoming blood-brothers {or sisters}) and Noe has refused to take it off. It's from "her Jane" and she loves it.

The rest of the weekend looks promising. We have had a few "school of the soldier" moments. Keola had a fit the other day and ended up breaking the entertainment center in his room. My husband suggested he learn from the school of the soldier. If you can't live in the house without destroying it, you are invited to live outside the house. In a tent. I laughed when I heard this, because recently, Katie posted about the same situation in her house. Her husband is military as well. But there he is, my little trooper, camped out in a tent for the day. Mother nature cooperated, we let him take some books and a blanket, and his two meals for the afternoon. We'll bring him back up just after he finishes his supper. He really seemed to conceptualize what was going on, and came up with some good alternatives to breaking furniture when angry. We'll see.
Lastly, we've had a little problem with the boys wanting to turn their long-sleeved shirts into some kind of handcovering. They cut a hole in the cuff of the sleeve, and poke their thumb through it. Then they stretch the sleeve over their knuckles, and it ends up looking like a ghetto glove. I finally had enough of ruined shirts. Skip and I decided they needed a special shirt. Enter the thrift shop:

The next shirt I find with thumb holes poked in the cuff goes right into the trash, and the offender will have to wear THIS beauty until they earn enough money to buy themselves a new shirt of their liking.
11 comments:
There is so much good going on here I don't know where to start?
With the tent outside? Awesome.
The chaperones? Hilarious.
Jessica? Jealous.
Flower shirt? Impressed.
You are a revolution.
I followed you over from Jessica's blog! Luckies! A real face-to-face. Your blog is fun and your children are beautiful.
I am so calling you and Katie for ideas for when Jaxon hits his teenage years!
Nice shirt... :)
shal
keola and jax are the same age. if the teenage years are worse than this, heaven help me.
I do hope we get to see someone in that shirt-not for your sake but for ours. By the way, you do know you are going to have some great memoir material for your kids someday. Creative parents always have the most fun kids!
"Awesome. I am so impressed with that discipline."
Direct quote from my husband, who just got read this post.
He feels especially close to you, now that he knows you aren't trying to kidnap me and take me back to Russia.
THAT IS SO FUN THAT YOU AND JESSICA MET!!! Isn't blogging the best when you make new real friends. I totally worry about the 50 year old male pervert thing too.
Please do post pictures of your boys wearing this shirt. It will be so fun!
i think it's especially great that you a must've met at the mall. A nice safe place with lots of people around...just in case.
I would try the shirt thing with my girls too (they gnaw holes in their sleeves) - but knowing Kennedy, she'd wear it with pride, no matter what it was. I'm sure I can get creative though...I think you're definitely on to something here.
You are awesome! And how fun that you got to hang out with Jessica. Love, love love the shirt. Please post pictures when your kids have to wear it. If they don't get to, I think you need to wear it at Blogapalooza so you will be easily identified.
Jessica called to tell me she was meeting you and to contact the police if I didn't hear from her again in a few hours. Glad to see you and she are both safe.
Yeah, I unmasked myself so husbands wouldn't think I was some crazy 50-year-old perv who really liked green beans.
Post a Comment