Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Vday Plea

I want to make a great Valentines Day playlist for my husband. The thing is... we've made so many "After Hours" and "Sweet Luvn" cd's, I think I've almost exhausted our collection. The last playlist I made looked like this:
Closer- Goapele
Come Over- Danity Kane
The Closer I Get To You- Luther Vandross and Beyonce
Crazy For You -Heather Small
Down The Aisle -LL Cool J w/112
Favorite Girl - Marques Houston
Gotta Be - Jagged Edge
I'm In Love - Kem
Kiss Of Life - Sade
Missing You - Case
So Amazing - Stevie Wonder and Beyonce
Stay With You - John Legend
Sweet Thing- Mary J. Blige
Take Care -Janet Jackson
This Song - LeToya
Unbelievable - Craig David
What Am I Gonna Do - Tyrese

So. You can see what I like. I have probably a couple thousand RnB songs on my iTunes. They just don't seem to be jumping out at me. Maybe I'm just in a musical slump. I don't know. I'm reaching out here. So... with the understanding that we don't find country songs "romantic", what can you recommend for a wicked killer Valentines Day?


On a separate note... it warmed up a little. Things melted, the wind blew, and things froze again overnight. The last of the icicles looked like this:
They were like long, sharp, flat daggers. It was really weird.
These were thin and flat like ribbon candy. So we ate them.

5 comments:

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

funny thing. I was telling cory last night that i needed you to make me some playlists. romantic, working out and stuff. I think sadie knows more songs than i do these days. She and cory are always jammin to songs and I think when and where are you listening and learning these songs. so i need your help...

♥Shally said...

I don't think I will be any help in the song department. My song collection right now consists of primary songs and disney movie soundtracks. Sad, I know. I could recommend Kiss the Girl from Little Mermaid! :)

Today it was 65 here... spring is on the way! YAY! I was outside pulling weeds and enjoying the sun on my face. Glad you enjoyed your "popsicles". :)

Katie said...

i like anything jaheim - try heaven in your eyes, earth, wind & fire - devotion and/or reasons, patti labelle (and michael mcdonald i think) - on my own...

just a few... told ya - old school is always best

Beth said...

your friends have some great ideas! Old school is perfect! Try ANY Barry White! Every heard of Selena Cross? Try a song called "Memories Won't Fade". Don't discount all Country (though I'm with you for the most part)...try some Phil Vasser, "Like I Never Loved Before"(for tomorrow night! You BOTH will identify with it!!!) and "Just Another Day in Paradise" (NOT a song for tomorrow night, but you will identify with it! Believe me on this!!!)

That's my contribution. Don't discount, "Kiss the Girl"!!!

Celia Fae said...

I recommend Depeche Mode's Somebody. Yeah, just kidding.

Love the icicles, and even more I'm happy that some of that white stuff is melting a little.