
The number of times my children have actually been to school in the past month and a half is LESS than the number of times they have stayed home. Between the winter break, the MKL holiday, and the snow days, we are getting a little antsy. Especially me.The other day, I took these pictures of Noe watching the snow fall outside the window. She was peaceful and content. Yesterday, the boys worked cooperatively to reenact Skip's weekend of snow cave building. They had fun and got along. Both of these scenarios are the exception to the rule after so many days cooped up together. Usually, it's blood, sweat and tears.
The funniest part of the day, however, came here:
When I left the room, the kids were watching PBS. When I returned, they were still on PBS, but the program had switched to some kind of geriatric physical therapy. All three of them were actually sitting on the couch, following along with the moves. Unfortunatley, my loud outburst of laughter embarassed them, and they wouldn't let me take their picture. But after a few minutes, like moths to a flame, they came back and started doing it again. I will admit they used some catchy little tunes on there, and if I were a senior citizen (or apparently a young child) I would be inclined to follow along. They were exercising the joints in their fingers, and twisting at the waist. I don't allow Cartoon Network, so I guess this is what I'm turing my kids into.
9 comments:
OK, I feel bad about complaining about a little rain and cold! I can hardly take 2 weeks at Christmas break!
I LOVE sit and be fit. It is the best - I remember as a kid we would make fun of it for ever! I can't believe it's still around. Is it still that little old lady leading the group?? Is that sweat on your sons shirt? He must of been doing the ADVANCED work out :)
That is hilarious! I love catching my kids doing funny things. I don't allow Cartoon Network either-its sooo loud and obnoxious. I really hope we are done with snow for the year but if history repeats itself, looks like we'll be going into April out here.
hillary- it's leftover from the snow his brother shoved down his back while playing outdoors. i don't think sit and be fit actually produces sweat. and i can't believe you knew the name of the program! that is hilarious!
I can't even get your pictures to come up so I am missing out on the funnyness of it all. I am having to just use my imagination.
too funny with the PBS!
We've had insane weather here (went from 50 to -10 yesterday, what?!), and still no snow days, yay me!!
have the people in idaho never seen snow? what is the deal with these people? In the 5 years we lived in Logan, we only had one snow day and that was when it snowed 24" in 24 hours and there was no possible way for anyone to drive anywhere - especially school buses. But the day was only used to get on top of the plowing cuz school opened right back up the next day! -25 and all. I think the people in Idaho need to buck up a little. jeesh.
i hear ya L. but we have a lot of rural routes, and if the busses can't get them, then that wipes out a good percentage of the students. i don't really feel that's MY problem... but i can see where it would be someone else's problem.
More rural than Logan? Yikes.
Signed,
I LOVE URBAN LIFE
Hey . . . now easy on the sit and be fit. That's right up my alley. Actually, I teach Silver Sneakers II which has more standing up. My co-worker teaches the Silver Sneakers I which is mostly done sitting in a chair. Try it. You'll like it. :0)
Post a Comment