Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summertime's Over

So. The vacation is over. I came home to 148 posts on my Google Reader. I skimmed and then marked all as read. Sorry. I'll never catch up on all that.

We had a phenomenal time. All things considered, there was minimal bickering, pouting, or outright fighting. And the kids were pretty good too. We were all sad to send Jordan and Samantha back, and we're already counting the days until our family can reunite at Christmas. From start to finish, we spent over 75 hours in the car, drank almost 200 bottles of water and G2, slept in 8 different locations, and spent more money on gas than on actual entertainment. But it was all 100% worth it. Check it out...

25 comments:

gab said...

Looks like one GRRRRRReat vacation!

Blogland was very lonesome without you and your witty comments! Welcome back.

Clair said...

You must be the energizer bunnies! Looks like you made some great memories.

Jenibelle said...

I have missed you!! Don't do that again. I mean, go away and have a great time with your family and leave all of us behind. It was lonely.

Anna said...

Glad you are back. You video is amazing and your photography is so good!!

Love ya, AB

Annie said...

Wow, Andrea. What a beautiful crew. And you know those cheesy workout shows with the low-medium-high effort? You are the high effort mama, traveling around wit

It looks like I'm the one barely lifting my arms :)

Welcome back!

Bridget said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed by too many new posts and just clears them and starts from scratch. So glad you're back. I look forward to reading your commnets throughout blogland. Sometimes they're better than the actual post.

The Salomon's said...

Glad to see that you had such a great summer. These are the things your kids are always going to remember! I love the video too, you'll have to teach me how to do that. I'm blogger- impaired. We need to do a girls night... Sometime before school starts and I move back into the black hole called the college of art and architecture.

Anne said...

How do you do these slideshows? THey are awesome!

HappyBack said...

"...75 hours in the car, drank almost 200 bottles of water and G2, slept in 8 different locations, and spent more money on gas than on actual entertainment..."

Story of my life. That's a typical 2-month period for me.

See? It ain't so bad.

HappyBack said...

Ok, after a careful review of your video, I have to make another comment.

I never understood the hype over In N' Out Burgers.

Until I ATE ONE.

Great Poseidon's Trident, what a carnival for the palate!

lisamarie said...

mmmm....cheeseburgers...

anyway. i'm sad i didn't make the slide show...sniff sniff. i have to admit, not seeing your fam was the let down of the year for sure.

glad you had fun though. oh, tell skip that nor cal blows so cal out of the water. (i'm ready to rumble)

Ilene said...

Ah, family road trips make for the best conversations later in life.

I'm glad to see there are so many pictures of your family smiling... can't say I smiled in many of my family road trip pictures. A fact that all of my siblings still like to rub in my face to this day.

Christie said...

What great shots you got, little miss photog! I feel that much more special to have received a comment from you, knowing you hit mark all as read.

Welcome back!

Katie said...

I miss your blogs! awesome pictures! Jealous of the vaca... not at all of the gas or hours in car.

Glad your back - you guys look like you had a blasty blast!

Tristan said...

What a BUSY but awesome vacay! You got some really great pictures! They kids look like they really love each other and get along great! You are a beautiful family!

Cindi M said...

Wow, wow, wow! I miss living in Utah and being able to just get in the car and BE in California! Oh well. I'll just have to make do with these Great Lakes over here! Glad you had such an awesome summer. You deserved it!

HappyBack said...

I want to stir the NoCal-SoCal waters here. I love the Bay Area, but come on... 60 degrees and foggy in AUGUST? that's not right. SoCal beats NoCal's ASS.

Hollywood said...

Sounds like quite the trip. Don't you just love summer for that?
Your comment on my blog was too funny. I feel bad if I freaked you or your husband out! Sorry about that. :)

D-dawg said...

I hate google reader.


It looks like you had an awesome trip.

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

I'll admit, I've jumped on the computer 3 times to watch your va-ca, but keep getting caught up in hurry on and off the computer (darned life getting in the way of my down time!)
I'm just thrilled to know you've been able to REALLY enjoy your summer, and that you are all back and happy and all is well (though Christmas can't arrive soon enough).
You're blog is a lovely escape, maybe someday I'll get as dedicated to mine as you are to yours. hmmmm, maybe. (and maybe my kids'll not desperately need me so I can eventually actually WATCH your little snipett)
:o)

♥Shally said...

you always do great slideshows! It really looks like you all had an amazing time!

I bet you are glad to be home, though...

And 113 degrees? WELCOME TO MY WORLD! Sheesh...

calibosmom said...

Looks like a blast! Your kids are really beautiful! Glad you got to meet Shally.

lisamarie said...

hm. it was 98 with a refreshing breeze today. and i didn't notice any fog in my bay area. and since when is a little layer of fog that burns off by 10 am worse than not being able to find the sun through multiple layers of particulate? let's be a little more realistic here people. we all know the bay area is heaven on earth.

Hollyween said...

Great slideshow with equally great music. Um, how do you do a slideshow to music? I want to learn.

I, too, hate google reader. Presently I have 205 new posts. Do you feel extra special that I am commenting?

The Hooper Family said...

Just read your profile to click over here just to tell you that no, we aren't mormon, just met Z and Shal through college in Kansas.

But to make it an even smaller world..I'm a part time teacher too! Don't meet too many others that are able to teach part time...isn't it the best! I job share and I work Wed/Thur and alternate Fri. The rest of the time I get to stay at home with my girls and hubby. Hubby is a baseball player, travels a lot, home a lot during the winter..love it all.