Monday, August 25, 2008

Never Underestimate the Power of the Schwartz

So. Date night. Now that football has started back up, all of our babysitters are accounted for. Which means date night is going to take a little more effort on our parts. So this weekend I told Skip to come up with the entertainment and I'd handle the munchies. We would have to stay home.
I was feeling pretty impressed with myself for whipping up a favorite kielbasa dip, pina coladas, and a tasty white chocolate mousse with fresh berries...

And guess what Mr. Hilarious provides for entertainment?
Spaceballs. Yes, the movie. I have bragged to him since we got married that while in high school, I could quote the movie word for word from beginning to end. I'm not sure if he wanted to test me, or just watch me laugh like an idiot for 90 minutes. Either way, it was one of the most fun nights we've had in a while. If you haven't watched Spaceballs since high school, the time has come. Actually, the time is now. You're looking at now, sir. What happens now is happening now. What happened to then? We passed then. When? Just now. When will then be now? Soon...
And yes, that's a portable DVD player on our bed. We refuse to put a television in our room... lessons learned the hard way once before. Television in the bedroom = lackluster love life.

17 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

First a quilt and then white chocolate mouse with fresh berries? How will we ever keep up with your domestication?

At least you love Spaceballs. That helps keep you grounded (at my kind of level anyway!!!)

Glad you had a great date!

gab said...

Please post the raspberry recipe. Mmmmm!

HappyBack said...

Oh how I hated that movie.

Kudos on the no TV. Throw all of them out. Every last one.

Until I start writing for TV, then I want you to have one in every room so you can lugh at my clever one-liners delivered by hot hunky hollywood stars.

Skip said...

Just for the record, I’m the one that came up with the pina coladas (non-alcoholic) and the reason I chose Space Balls because wife happy and laughing for 90 minutes plus = the opposite of lackluster love life. BTW who took that picture of us in bed...and are there anymore?

diane said...

Glad you're having fun in bed.

♥Shally said...

I haven't seen that movie FOREVER!

And you guys are DORKS.

That's why I ♥ ya.

Rynell said...

Sounds fun to me!

Absolutely Normal Chaos said...

where's the mangerie?

Bridget said...

Spaceballs in bed...now that is some serious romance. Hope that no TV in the bedroom is working out for ya. :)

lisamarie said...

hm. weird. i'm not sure spaceballs would be my first choice. or any choice for that matter. but, whatever. at least you have on some nice loungewear, good treats, and a nicely kept bedspread. And a third person taking pictures.

by the way, is that a kielbasa in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Tristan said...

Spaceballs is totally classic! Love the picture in bed! Totally cute!

Clair said...

cough,cough,cough, I have, cough,cough, never, cough, seen, cough, spaceballs, cough, cough, cough....

is that really how you spell "cough"? it looks so foreign now...hmmm

calibosmom said...

Shally said it first but I agree...you guys are dorks but dorks definately have the best sex! I told hubby I'd only get a TV in the bedroom if it was a Flat screen and it has to be on the ceiling....then I can do both at the same time...TMI? BTW, we don't have one in our bedroom. Spaceballs...classic!

Ilene said...

I think Spaceballs came out when I was in elementary school.

Ah, I am so funny.

Speaking of funny, it is funny you should mention the t.v. thing. We just moved the spare t.v. back into our bedroom because being nine-months pregnant equals super duper lackluster love life and so we have to bring something entertaining into the bedroom to make up for it...

HappyBack said...

Skipo- I think she has a spycam in the bedroom! Check for hidden bank accounts and see how much she's making off of this. You might get a fishing boat out of it.

Jenibelle said...

Someday I'll impress you by quoting and singing the Sound of Music word for word... all three hours of it. I know you're impressed (or horrified) already.

Yeah, where are the hidden cameras?

The Salomon's said...

Ok, first, thanks so much for watching the kiddos tonight. It's 1:39 am and I am finally done with the stage! It's adorable and I am so excited for her to see it in a few hours.
2nd, I'll see your Spaceballs and raise you a Kindergarten Cop. "You're not so tough without your car are ya?"
3rd, (and I know I've said this before) but how did you find a guy as funny as skip, and where can I get one? That almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard.
I am so glad to see a family that is making it work on the 2nd go round. It is awesome and it gives me hope that some day I can have a second crack at it and get it right. I am happy that you two are such an awesome couple. My life is blessed by friends that have their stuff together like you two. (or at least do a really good job of making it look like you do. ) and for those of us who don't have it together, there's Andrea to tell us when we have a "friend" hanging out of our nose.