Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sarcasm, Breakfast, and A Gift

Love Journal:
Entry Four

I do love me some sarcasm. So here you have it: I LOVE that some genius of a planner scheduled a "tour of post" for the cadets on VALENTINES DAY WEEKEND. I love that my husband has to drive almost seven hours with 19 and 20 year old boys in order to walk around an army post for a day and a half. I'm sure I'll REALLY love going to bed by myself tonight. I'm sure I won't feel at all self-pitying or annoyed by the whole sitch.

That said, I did make him a lovely steak dinner last night. Noe helped with the dark chocolate fudge brownies for dessert. I don't love chocolate, but I do love good brownies.


Oh yeah, there are three other family members who live in this house besides me. So I stepped outside my own private pity party and decided to make the day nice for them. They woke up to cool new ipods, and cards that Skip left them. They thought it was awesome, and I love that the two little ones are still young enough to act like they have REAL ipods now.


Then I whipped up a surprise breakfast, which is my favorite meal of the day. I love smoothies, I love muffins, and while I don't love sausage, the kids do. Repeating mantra to self: It's NOT all about you, Andrea.



I love winning at random. I won on Gabi's blog the other day, and I got a delightful little surprise in the mail. This is me, probably a little too early for picture taking on a Saturday morning, with my fun new love book from Ms. G. Thank you muchissmo Gab!!

7 comments:

Tristan said...

You should post some recipes for your favorite smoothies that you like!

Lauren in GA said...

Cruel and unusual punishment being separated from your Valentine like that. You did such lovely things for your family. I probably would have binged on chocolate and been grouchy from the sugar crash.

Clair said...

Smoothie recipes sound good to me too. I am getting a kick out of that squaty little glass.

Jenibelle said...

I like you too...but I forgot to send a book about it.

For a second I forgot about the I-pod project and was stinkin' impressed that you got your kids I-Pods. It was a momentary loss of brain cells.

Somehow I think you and Skip will make up for the "lost Valentines" day. Just a hunch.

Brynne said...

Hey Andrea! Though we've never met in person, I continue to love reading your blog on a regular basis :) I hope you don't mind! I'm assuming since you are not a private blogger that you don't mind cyber-friends like me. I am wondering how you do your little photo groupings like the one of your daughter in all her brownie-making glory! I LOVE that and should really start doing things that way rather than each pic by itself in my blogging. Can you teach me when you get a minute? My email is brynne.davies@usu.edu Thanks SO MUCH!

Rynell said...

We're smoothie folk too. Looks like a fun Valentines for the kiddos.

Ilene said...

I love breakfast too. However we tend to have it for dinner around here. I also love sausage which is probably one of the many reasons why I am not thin like you.