Saturday, February 14, 2009

...and photography.

And my other love for the day is this whole picture taking stuff. I'm getting the hang of it. I think. I did my first pictures of a family with their newborn, and I was really happy with how they turned out. The weather here is miserable, so we had to be inside. It was cloudy, the lighting was not good, but I was still satisfied. That's saying a lot, since I'm rarely satisfied with the things I do.





We did have a nice day last week, so I got to take some outdoor shots of my friend's daugther. I used my new zoom lens, and I loved the results. I keep trying to decide if I want to eventually do this for money, but I feel like that would take the fun out of it for me and put the stress on high.

So there. Boring post, yes. But my husband is gone, the kids are outside playing, and I'm really trying to find things to love so I don't get all cranky about Valentines day without my Valentine.

9 comments:

Tristan said...

Sorry Skip isn't there with you on Valentine's Day!

You pictures look awesome!

Anna said...

Your photos are looking great! I'm looking for a willing, patient, long-suffering tutor. Santa gave me a Canon Rebel xsi for Christmas. Help, I'm lost!

Lauren in GA said...

Your photos are lovely!

Bridget said...

Great photos. I have my hubby here on Valentine's and were sick and bored. Not much lovin' going on here.

martha corinna said...

Sorry about a bummer of a valentines day! But hey, your photos look great!

Clair said...

Look at you...coming right along with those photos! Way to be pro-active on V-day.

Sally said...

The pictures look great! The Dad and sons picture has such gorgeous color.

D-dawg said...

The pictures look great. You are doing awesome. I know what you mean about doing it for money ruining it. It does. I only want to do it now if it's LOTS of money- otherwise it's not worth it. I'm glad you did love week. I hope your V-day wasn't too awful and that you can celebrate when he gets home!

Christie said...

Gorgeous pics, my friend. Sorry you had v-day without the man around. But knowing you, you'll make up for lost time pronto.