the gourd patch:
they were totally disgusted with the many bird-pecked apples they found. i kept promising them if they picked enough, we could bring them home and make a yummy apple pie. i bought some refrigerated pie crust, (made specifically for people like me) and we'll see what we can drum up for tonight's FHE treat. check that box.
apple cider:he cut them, pressed them, strained them, and bottled it. then he drank way too much of it, and was up all night with diarrhea. check that box.
the obligatory "tribute to the white kids" barn dance:
this is something known as a "line dance." also, the ever popular "chicken dance." (see cha cha slide a few posts down). i'm all for fun line dances. but WHY do white people look so conspicuous doing them? can't they be taught by a smooth movin' sista who knows what rhythm really is? anyway... cowboy apparel worn and country dance moves "learned." check that box.
finally, costume wearing for candy:
3 comments:
It's not a wrap until the kids are tucked in bed Weds. night. The gourd picking is hilarious. My secret pie crust recipe is Refrigerated pie crust from Pillsbury. Never fails.
i've been contemplating your gourd quandary for 2 days now. a gourd patch. if you're going to go to the trouble of planting gourds, why not plant a few pumpkins too? it just doesn't make sense. at least you got some more "mainstream" activities goin on (the apple orchard etc..) although I'm not so sure about the line dancing. your kids are the darlingest.
Hi Andrea,
Here via Paiges comments. You were funny there and funny here too.
This gourd story cracks me up. I wonder why there are no patches in Idaho. Guess they are saving all the real estate for gourds, sugar beets (my dad grew up on a s.b. farm in Burley) and potatoes. Go figure. I heard if you plant pumpkin seeds on the 4th of July, you'll have pumpkins by Halloween. I got a late start, July 27, and all I have are blossums. Maybe I'll have Christmas pumpkins!
Keep us laughing.
Happy Halloween.
Post a Comment