
Sam is doing cheerleading, so we went and watched her practice. She's a good gymnast, and it was fun to see her in action. She can also spell stuff really loud, thus making her a good cheerleader. Jordan had a band concert, which was hilarious because he hates band. He wishes he could trade the sax in for a cowbell, but alas...
Shortly after that little visit, they came up here for Christmas. We loved having them, and had a really great time lounging around the house playing games together and talking. We miss them so much. Their mom got engaged over the break, so they have a lot of big changes coming up. It was good to be able to talk about a lot of that with them. We are continually grateful at how we can maintain our relationship with them in spite of the distance and the frustration of dealing with certain situations.
The big hits for the kids this year:
Jordan: The books "WHY" and "HOW". They are fabulous books available from Deseret Book about living the gospel. They are written in a tween/teen friendly way. I highly recommend them.
Mika: Air Jordans. See below. He can barely stand the thrill.
Sam: All things Justin Bieber. Plus a few funny graphic tees.
Keola: A Cars Snuggie, and a ton of board games.
Noe: Also Justin Bieber stuff. And some Hello Kitty slippers.
All in all, a great year. Skip got the Blackberry Torch, and I got a pair of 5 inch black leather pumps that I want to sleep with every night, I love them so much.
The End.

13 comments:
ouch.
i find it hilarious that you were probably writing "all in all a great year" at the same time I was writing about how bad 2010 SUCKED. fascinating.
pictures not showing up- is this part of the "program" ?
Seriously with the 5 inch pumps? Because at the work party I had five inch pumps and I'm not lying when I say I'm permanently damaged.
I feel pretty awesome that I'm part of your witness protection program.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the pictures are just little red x's !!!!!!
When I try to right click them so I can click, "Show Picture" the computer tells me that you said, "don't touch my pictures!!" Ahhhhhh!?
I love the title here, "Witness Protection Version"...you make me laugh.
I am going to buy the books, "WHY and HOW". Thanks for the reccomendation (sp?)
Np picture of the pumps? Or maybe their "bedroom" shoes. You did say you want to sleep with them!
I love all the holiday recaps. I read every word and soak in the joy that is the holiday.
Congrats to the new Sergeant in the house! Wonderful.
Excellent recaps. I admire your amazing ability to pull of TWO Christmas celebrations. Super mom!!
I don't know why but this post makes me feel like Angelina Jolie in Mr and Mrs Smith. It must be the meat, heels and secret spy talk. Whew! Don't fix the pics, I'm letting my imagination run wild...
Beautiful photos! Looks like a great Christmas! Um...why are the amazing black pumps not photographed and posted on here?!?! I need to see them!
Can't see the photos. What'd I do wrong?
Glad you had a fabulous holiday, friend. Belated merry merry!
Yaaaaay! I can see all the pictures...except the top one for some reason...
I want a picture of the pumps!
So...you want to sleep with them. I bet Skip won't mind...5 inch leather heels are sexy.
Frickin' five inch pumps? Lordy woman...no wonder you have a bad back!
Now that I've yelled at you, (because you love me and I can...) wonderful recap. I need to know how you did that roast....
Did the Hello Kitty slippers come from Target? Cuz if they did add her to the "cousins with matching slippers club"...currently 3 members. Noe would be 4.
Your tree is awesome by the way.
Post a Comment