Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break Recap

We are coming off the heels of our spring break. It was fantastic. Really. The weather was not to be believed, and by some freakish twist of fate, my kids hardly fought! No, I'm serious. I don't know what got into them, but they enjoyed each other's company. Yeah. I know. Weird.

We intentionally kept ourselves underscheduled. We lounged, snacked, and played, and it really was nice. St. Patricks Day was low key... Mika made us all some green pancakes. I heard a statistic the other day that there are some-number-which-escapes-me of people in this country who cannot cook ten meals for themselves, they are so dependent on fast food and pre-packaged meals. While these bad boys did come from a boxed mix, I feel confident that my kids will not fall into that category.



Not to be left out, Noe wanted to try her hand at green eggs. Perhaps a lesson on the primary colors would've been effective... purple seemed a little icky. Keola opted for the grapefruit instead. Where's the sense of adventure, I ask?



And what vacation would be complete without a bazillion pictures taken?? I got to try out the new fixed lens, and I was really pleased with the results.






Oh yeah. I do have two sons as well. Here they are:
Keola thanked me for "fixing his unibrow" when I was editing, and Noe will thank me some day too, I'm sure of it. At what age is it appropriate to wax children???

13 comments:

Brynne said...

Great pictures!! I'm impressed you could choke down purple eggs, I don't think I could do it! My son thought our green (shamrock-shaped, are you impressed?) pancakes tasted better than our regular pancakes and was convinced they were a different recipe (if adding water to the Krusteaz mix counts as a "recipe") :) And that is the extent of our St. Patrick's day celebration. Lame, I know. Sometimes I'm fun, sometimes not so much!

Brynne said...

Great pictures!! I'm impressed you could choke down purple eggs, I don't think I could do it! My son thought our green (shamrock-shaped, are you impressed?) pancakes tasted better than our regular pancakes and was convinced they were a different recipe (if adding water to the Krusteaz mix counts as a "recipe") :) And that is the extent of our St. Patrick's day celebration. Lame, I know. Sometimes I'm fun, sometimes not so much!

Lauren in GA said...

I laughed at your asking where Keola's sense of adventure was. The eggs kind of look like play-doh...eating those would have taken an adventurous spirit.

As I read this post I kept thinking about last year's spring break when you made rice crispie sculptures...and I thought it was so cute that the kids were posing for pictures and I thought they were saying, "Come and get me" with their hand motions and you sent me an e-mail and explaining that they were actually pretending to shoot you with firearms. Great memories.

Love the pictures. You have great looking kids.

We have been shaving Adam's unibrow for years, now, with one of those little battery operated eyebrow sculpting tools. I know...It is vain...but I remember seeing Freddie Prinze Jr. years ago on Rosie saying that he had a unibrow and the kids called him Bert so his mom shaved it one day and then they made worse fun of him when he came to school the next day shaven. Shaving it at such a young age was sort of my preemptive strike.

Lisa-Marie said...

better yet, when is it appropriate to wax husbands? kendon won't let me near his eyebrows with a ten foot pole, but hm how i wish! (i hope he doesn't secretly read your blog. i might feel bad. nah, he knows how i feel about the brow.)

okay, back to you. glad you had a lovely break. sorry you had to eat purple eggs. i look forward to the 1st commenter who mentions that all the food coloring might be just as bad as soda!

and as always, your photos are amazing and your kids are beautiful.

jessica said...

As soon as they are self conscious about the unibrow get rid of it, that's what I say...

The pictures are great. I love the green door and the brick. Good eye!

For some reason this blog isn't on my google reader so I have missed a few...I'm off to remedy that right now!

Tristan said...

I'm with Keola, those eggs are weird lookin! ha!

Cool lense! The photos look great!

I wonder the same thing about unibrows. My girls totally have them. Got them from their Daddy. I so want to wax them but have decided and been told that it is not right.

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

The waxing question made me laugh out loud. I've got voluptuous eyebrows, but I didn't realize it until I was in 6th grade. Don't tell Noe too soon. ;)

Hollyween said...

I am REALLY loving all your pictures.

I wouldn't eat blueish purpleish eggs. Ever.


I'm quite confident that I may possibly be the only mom on the face of the earth who didn't do something green and cutesy or have something green and cutesy done in her house on St. Patty's day. I'm lame. What can I say? I just didn't grow up with cutesy parents, I guess.

♥Shally said...

I'm with Holly. Those eggs look nasty. :)

I look back on pictures of me in High School and wonder why SOMEONE didn't tell me to wax!

Jax has a uni workin' too... :)

heidiram said...

You totally crack me up. We started waxing Tino's unibrow about a year ago (when he was around 10 1/2 years old/6th grade). Middle schoolers are MEAN. RELENTLESS! And I do a horrible job of waxing so I have actually delegated that job to my sil who is an esthetician or the cute little ladies that work at the nail salon down the street from our house.

Rynell said...

I starting waxing my daughter when she was 10. Well, not me exactly, a good friend of mine does it for me and my daughter. I used to try to pluck my daughter's unibrow, she tolerates waxing better.

lishajeanne said...

My bro in law shaves his uni. Not sure if you could get them to hold still that long. Worth a try though no?

Anonymous said...

Forget waxing go for the nair. It smells awful but you paint it on and then rub it off. Totally works. I've seen it in action with my brother of which I am convinced IS the missing link!