Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chillin With the Chitlins

It's cold and no one in this house wants to go outside to have their picture taken. How am I supposed to get any practice with my new lens or my diffuser?? Huh? Tell me!

I offered to take the kids for a walk. By "walk" I guess what I meant was "unleash them at a full speed run and try to keep up."

We were walking in some woods that run alongside the golf course. Suddenly, Mika found a golf ball. You would think he'd just discovered a secret passage to Wonka's factory. Of course, ten seconds after he finds it, some guy yells down from the top of the ridge, "HEY! You guys see a ball down there?" Mika was good enough to return it, but frankly I was confused by the thrill of the find.

Anyway. We hung out on the golf course for awhile and watched the sunset. It was awesome. I tried some metering, but it didn't go well. Photography is becoming frustrating to me because I really do not have any time to practice or learn. And because I have the world's most useless memory, I forget a lot of the things that I HAVE learned. It's sort of like chasing my tail here. Anyway. Here are a couple of fun ones we came away with:








Everything outside is dead and brown, so I end up converting all my pics to black and white to hide that fact.


End of boring post.


11 comments:

Steven Rosbach said...

Hey, what photoshop action did you run to get that vintage effect on your first picture, and where can I download it? That looks cool. Good job!

Christie said...

Not boring at all. Love the update and pics. It's been way too long. Good to see you back on the blogosphere, my friend.

Lauren in GA said...

Aww, I'm kind of bummed for Mika that he had to give his treasure back. I kind of know what you mean...Brian gets giddy if he finds a cool rock.

I love the pictures.

I have been having trouble remembering things lately, too. It is like my short term memory if fried, or something.

I keep meaning to ask the doctor about it but then I forget to.

heh, heh, heh...I was serious when I said that last line but it turned out sounding really stupid.

Tristan said...

I think the pictures look great!!

Love the golf ball story. I can see my nephews getting all excited over a golf ball found by a golf course.

♥Shally said...

I have kind of lost my photography motivation.

I still love it, but I seriously need to spend a lot of time learning it, which I don't have right now. 3 little ones at home most of the day seriously hampers my "me" time. :)

So for now, I will just take mediocre picture of my kiddos until they are at school all day and then I will take GREAT pictures of... hmmmmm...

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Not boring at all! Your chitlins are too cute and I'll live vicariously through your motherhood until I'm rich enough to adopt a few myself.

By the way, I think the photos are awesome. Especially #1. x

lisamarie said...

BO-OO-RING!

You know I'm completely kidding - it's nearly midnight and I just had nothing better to say.

I do love the fotos - don't give up on it, you're doing great. Once the warm weather and blossoms come, you'll be snapping away. In the meantime, it is a good time to practice those vintage/b&w effects.

Jenibelle said...

Can you please come to visit again?
a. I need cute pictures of my family to remind me that I love them. Especially #2.
b. I can have someone to talk to that won't judge?
c. So I have a reason to sew something to give as a "welcome to my house" gift. I feel the need to sew but can't muster up a reason.

Your children are gorgeous. Absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous.

Jake said...

Holy moly. You are really good.

Sally said...

I loved the pictures. Love that each is a focus on one child. Not boring!

Carrie Ann said...

You are never boring. Winter IS boring, but you? Never! Your kids, darling!