Friday, June 26, 2009

A Good Sign

I did some new pictures of Jordan today. They were super fun, and I found that having him hold his guitar made him much more comfortable than when I just took his shots standing around downtown.
The exciting part is that when I printed off a couple shots at the store tonight, they asked me if these were copyrighted work. I said, "No. I took these pictures." Then it dawned on me, and I said, "WAIT A MINUTE! Are you implying that I stole the work of a professional photographer? Are you saying I should get a copyright on my work?" The guy just stared at me in a blank, WalMartish sort of way.

It was a gracious boost to my ego.













19 comments:

HILLARY said...

i would say a very good sign. i love it when i take a really good picture and i think, yeah, i could put that on my wall! your awesome!

Tristan said...

They look awesome!! My favorite is the one with him walking away. It looks like an album cover! In fact it reminds me of the photo of Keith Urban like that. Well done!

diane said...

These are so cool. I love the second one. You captured a quiet confidence in his expression.

I wish you could take my daughter's senior pictures.

Some day I will have you take photos of my grandchild.

Clair said...

AWESOME! Andrea, these are soooo good! Way to put him in his natural element. I LOVE every single one of these! Just when I think- oh that's my favorite- the next one gives me the one- two punch as well! If I was forced to choose I'd choose 4... no wait...

Heidiram said...

Those are really cool pics. Love them!

Christie said...

Well done, my friend. The last one is my favorite.

kara jayne said...

wow andrea! great work. are you sure you don't want to spend some of your summer in az or ut taking pics of my kids?

Lauren in GA said...

Andrea, those are really fabulous. I agree with what Diane said about capturing his quiet confidence. My favorite was the fourth from the top. (Not that you were taking votes, or anything.)

I so love that you confronted the man at the store...and got his blank stare. I know the stare of which you speak...

Jen -n- Jase & kids said...

First off, ALL are great photos. But I have got to tell you, I absolutely LOVE the shot on the walkway/bridge? with the guitar being the only color. VERY well done. (and I promise to attempt to not comment when I am too tired to at least make a good attempt at proper spelling. he he he).

Tara said...

These are wonderful pics. - gloat a little; it's good for the skin.

jessica said...

That happened to me once...and only once. It made me feel so awesome but now I feel like a loser because I've never been asked again so now I think my pictures suck, and I am secretly annoyed that no one asks.

Desi said...

That is awesome...good job on the photos!

HappyBack said...

oh hell yes.

queenieweenie said...

WOW...I love the one with the red guitar. Too cool.

Rynell said...

He's very natural with the guitar! I'm digging the ripped jeans....

Brynne said...

Awesome pictures girlfriend! You needed a Wal-Mart checker to tell you you've got the touch? Your pictures scream professional to me. Very nice work!

♥Shally said...

Awesome shots, Andrea! I love his guitar in it.

You could be a professional!

Ilene said...

Who doesn't love a good ego stroking?

Great job!

Katie said...

boosts to egos are awesome. LOVE the second one down. You are awesome.