Just in case you are Mormon, and had to endure a Mother's Day service at your local meetinghouse, I am dedicating this Tunesday to you. It's a safe bet that your service consisted of a completely exaggerated talk about how someone's mom was an angel on earth; a saint who baked fresh bread daily and never raised her voice. Or perhaps you heard from a mother about her perfect children who all served missions and married in the temple. Whatever the case, odds are there was perfection aplenty from the pulpit while you sat feeling less-than-perfect in your pew. The meeting closed with the song "Love at Home" in which you were reminded that "hate and envy never annoy" whilst you sat feeling annoyed with your irreverent children.
I will pay some good money to anyone willing to volunteer for the special musical number next year, and sing this version of the song:
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all.
and if the embed doesn't work, CLAIR, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz-I_KRWnhk&feature=player_embedded
14 comments:
Bless you. Come sit by me in my ward sometime, ok?
where's my "special" link?
This is totally the version of the song that should have been the closing hymn!
This is so precious and choice-it makes my heart full. Thank you for keepin' it real!!!
Your words were so spot on. I just kept nodding my head knowingly as I read.
And the song...perfect.
I feel like I just saw a ghost. That guy looks a lot like my older brother who lives in heaven. Not the same older brother we all have. Weird. I'm kinda freakin out right now. Plus my brother would totally do something like that.
Now that's some good stuff! Love the reality of it!
BEST. VERSION. EVER.
I am totally singing that next year.
Our Mom ALWAYS made us sing Love at Home for FHE, especially on our more contentious days.
OH do I thank you for sharing this --can NOT wait to share THIS one with Mom and brothers. LOL. Too too TOO funny.
And I have to say, I might have to get our ward to have a "Mother's Pre-day dinner" JUST so that my husband and kids can ACTUALLY perform this!!
Sick family members - so half of us, including me missed the mothers day talks...but our kids that WERE there reported actualy, "normaml" mom talks. They are great because they loved me while I drove them NUTS kind of stuff :o).
Love your Tunesdays - thanks SO much for THIS ONE.
When I was growing up my sister and I refused to sing that song at church, in fact we had our own inside jokes about it. It was our way of protesting because most days there was NO love in our home at least not that kind in that song...."smiling sweet on every side"...yeh right.
Ain't it the truth!
the only thing that makes mother's day sunday bearable is the chocolate.
Our dinner table was definitely not a bliss complete tonight. Unless you consider boys rubbing cheese in each others' hair while mom yells at them biss. Then, yeah.
This was great. Thanks.
I remember sitting in RS one day and a woman claiming that her mother never raised her voice once at her six kids.
I wanted to stand, point, and yell "LIAR!" So instead I stifled a snort.
And I suppose there was the chance that her mother was mute.
My other complaint: the mom songs in the primary book are LAME. Dad has these great songs about being a pal and coming home to excited kids and moms get these whiney songs sung in a funky key or are about walking in fields of clover. Who in the heck walks in fields of clover and what does that have to do with a mom? As a primary chorister, I object. Moms can be fun. At least I hear they can be...
Post a Comment