Thursday, September 4, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos!

S0. I've been blogging for a year. To celebrate, I will lazily refer you to my first post.
Well, technically, it's my second post. But the first one was introductory and obligatory in nature, and not at all worth reading.

A whole year. Who can believe it! I've met so many interesting people, and divulged so many not-so-interesting things about my own life. I really like blogging. However, I have hit a blogging slump, of late. Maybe it's my new job. I am teaching special ed this year. It's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. Skip is working on his degree, and has classes three times a week. There are about 1,000 other things going on, and frankly, I lack the time or the energy to post very often. And what a shame with all the good political and celebrity fodder floating around.


So when all else fails, when ya got nothin in blogland, throw up some recent pictures of your kids and call it good.


Now go read my first post please. Comment on it. Laugh at how only 3 people actually read it. We've come a long way, baby.

11 comments:

Celia Fae said...

Happy Blogday. Don't quit now. We need you out here.

Going to read the first post now. I follow directions.

Bridget said...

I'm so confused. Do I comment here or on the original post? I'm going with here. Way to start your blog with a winning post. When I still had my blogging training wheels on I kind of bored myself.

diane said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Tristan said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary!!

Clair said...

Wow! Great milestone. I'm actually waiting for my first year anniversary to have the BLURB book published- hope it's not TOO big!

Attention Readers! Andrea's affiliation with organized crime is not the only thing you need to read. You have to read her post about where she got the title of her blog "If you give a mom a moment." It's posted Sept 18, 2007. And it has only 1 comment. (Why didn't I comment? Maybe I was still figuring out how.)

Andrea- You're a master blogger! Don't let perfectionism get in the way. It's not an all or nothing situation. Just blog when you can and it will be great.

Believe me I have to remind myself all the time that the "all or nothing" concept is erroneous. Just because I didn't get dinner on the table on Monday, doesn't mean I need to have a standing order with Papa John's for the rest of the week. As my husband tells, 95% is not a failing grade. Just think of Mma Makutsi who was so proud of her 97%!

lisamarie said...

my how time flies...i was just thinking the other day (imagina) that it's been a year for me too. although, i haven't flourished and developed in blogland as healthfully as you have...

plus, I feel like a total schmutz that i didn't comment on that first (second) post. such a loser.

♥Shally said...

Great first post!

I would like to hear your take on all the political stuff...

And I didn't forget about the pictures- it just turns out that they are all too big, so I can't send them in a zipped folder. I am working on getting them to you another way...

Katie said...

greagt err, 2nd post... just as great reading as today! Children are beautiful, u are intriguing... and oddly... we're still JUST alike.

HappyBack said...

Wow, I remember that post. That was a year ago? I can't believe that I was reading your blog a year ago. I've been reading YOUR BLOG for a YEAR.

I'm trying to think of all the productivity I've lost reading your blog this past year, and of a way I can backcharge you for the time lost. I'll get back to you on that.

Hazen5 said...

Happy Birthday! What a creative way to celebrate your big blogging day!

Suzie Petunia said...

I am so glad you started blogging! How would I know how you and your lovely family are doing and what you are up to without it? You're wonderful.