I try not to be too repetitive between the two blogs. This one seems a bit redundant however. Ran a 5K, went to Spokane for First Night. Sound familiar???





Considering some of our family members ran in Chuck Taylors, I think it's impressive that we all finished! 

Considering some of our family members ran in Chuck Taylors, I think it's impressive that we all finished!
First Night in Spokane was a ton of fun. We passed several hours weaving in and out of ice sculptors, tap dancers, snowboarders and jugglers. We spent the night in the city and then drove to an indoor water park the next day. There was some laser tag, mini-golf, and a lot of water sliding. Remarkably, the entire family really enjoyed each other's company. There were no melt-downs, no fights, and barely any whining. Until, of course, the car ride home. I noticed Skip kept turning the radio up louder and louder, and I kept closing my eyes tighter and tighter, waiting for a little nap to relieve me from the ruckus of the back seats. 

The highlight of the night was catching some free Rockstar Energy hats thrown to the crowd during the snowboarding competition. Then we got to walk around for the rest of the evening with a buncha little thugs. Nice.
These tap dancing brothers from Oregon were really talented. The kids, especially Samie, really loved watching them. I thought it was fun when she leaned over and asked me if I thought any of them were cute. I did. So did she. We both fell for the Mr. Charisma of the group (pink shirt). But we're both still hopelessly devoted to our main man... the one who got our kisses at midnight.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
17 comments:
Happy New Year!! A 5K in the snow!! Go you guys!!
K, I'm sorry but I am just looking at poor Sam's hair! I wish there was something I could do.
Love the trucker hats!!
I'm impressed that there was no whining until the drive home.
Your thugs are fierce.
I love that your whole family participated in the 5k...I got a picture of skip on the carousel I will pass it on...
I love that your whole fam did a race for New Year's, in the snow no less! Way to go!
did you ever know how much I despise tap dancing? I don't say that to rain on the parade - i just thought it might be something about me that you haven't yet learned and thought I would share.
anyway. I think it's great that you enjoyed the tap dancers. and had an enjoyable new year. everyone has pure joy and fun on their faces. i sure do love it.
btw, i need you to send the invite to the scoffield.com email, otherwise, I show up as kennedy.
Happy New Year sweets! Your family is not only gorgeous, but awe-inspiring. A family 5K for New Year's? I'm going to copy you when I have kids, and then they'll think I'm the coolest mom ever.
The SECOND Jax puts a hat on he "thugs" it. I am trying not to let it bug me, but it bugs Zach to no end. :)
You guys all look so happy!
5K in the winter? You are rock stars. And where you live it's actually cold! Well done there.
How can anyone run in that snow? That is pure bravery? No one slipped?!
I know that this is a very, "Lauren" thing to say but I have to...YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN THAT PICTURE with your little thugs.
That is cute how you and Samie had a moment watching the cute tap dancer...and you share your hopeless devotion to your main man. It proves you both have great taste in men.
Ah... remember our First Nights in Boston? I was telling Todd how fun they were, and then I remembered the intense COLD. Teenagers can endure a lot of discomfort for a little fun. Happy New Year!
may have sounded the same, but it didn't look the same. fun pictures. fun times. good thing for hats for poor sam's hair.
I really should be more adventurous. Just thinking about going to the SLC first night makes me break out in sweats. Too many people.
Your 5k in snow is impressive. I really want to do a 5k. I can run 5k easily, but have never actually joined a 5k group or cause. One day. One day.
I love the First Night celebrations. The best one I went to was in Richmond, VA and it was snowy and charming and like being in a movie set.
You look so pretty in the rockstar hat picture. Really pretty. You are both a good mom AND a babe. Wow.
Tell Skip he's safe. Mr. Charisma is setting off my Gaydar.
I found your blog...again. Private blogs are so hard for me to remember to access, so if I am absent, a lot, don't take it personally, I am not unfriending you.
Seattle, really, yea for you!! I have been to 46 states and Washington is one of the 4 that I lack. We will be in the US for 2 years, hurrah!, and maybe we'll make it to the Pacific Northwest. Why not, right? I mean we go everywhere else. In the meantime, please plan to come visit us in DC, we love visitors and we have had only 1 the whole time we have been in Caracas.
You need the intimidating thugs to ward off any potential boys showing interest in your beautiful girls.
Of course there needs to be a way to ward off hoochie girls attracted to thugs...
Tell me when you figure that out.
Post a Comment