Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ba-De-Yah, Say That You'll Remember...

September. Around here it means this:
Back to school for them.

Football for him. Lots and lots of football. Six hours of practices a week, games on Saturdays. When it's not being played, it's being watched. Good thing I enjoy it, or we could have problems.


More time instructing cadets for him.



And more insanity for me. We are busy, and having this full time job will take a lot of adjusting on my part. I no longer have any free time during the day to get errands done and take care of the house. I love my new job and am thrilled I got it. But I am absolutely ready for bed at the end of the day. Also, I have wasted a lot of brain power trying to understand this local billboard:

What's up with it? It's for duct cleaning. But there's a girl with red hair resting on a brunette woman's chest, while a semi-beared dark-haired man appears out of the concrete, with his eyes closed. Is he looking at them? Is he stalking them? Is he thinking of ways to poison their air? Or clean it? Is he the dad? Is he falling asleep because there is too much carbon monoxide in their home and therefore they need to take better care of their family air? Meanwhile, six hideous turquoise vans sit at the ready. Are they backups for the Scooby Doo Mystery Mobile? Are they going to run over the half-concrete man? I don't get it. Plus, what does this mean: "BREATH CLEAN AIR."

Someone 'splain me.

So that's it. September in a nutshell.

19 comments:

diane said...

Call a spade a spade.

Won't all those vans cause a lot of air pollution? That guy in the background is a total creeper.

Your children are beautiful.

Rynell said...

Ridiculous, ineffective advertising. My first thoughts were that the vans were polluting the air and these folks wanted cleaner, unpolluted air.

Then I noticed "Furnace and Air Duct Cleaning Experts" in very small print in the lower right corner. THIS is the most important information on the billboard and it is the smallest print. (I had the air ducts and furnace cleaned and it well worth it.)

I'm not even working a new job, and I feel like I am still adjusting a bit to the whole back to school routine. For us, it is soccer soccer soccer (for the boys) and swimming and dance (for my daughter) this fall. Fun and crazy busy.

Congratulations on the new job!

Ilene said...

Please tell me that Skip will instruct his cadets that cut up Dale Earnhardt Jr. (?) t-shirts are a disservice to the country.

I am with Diane, those trucks don't seem to jive with the clean air message.

Please use this billboard as an example in your classroom for how important proof-reading is.

And yes I know I shouldn't end that sentence with "is." Or that sentence either. Get over it.

Paige said...

Love that first pic of your kissy kids. And I'd love my cute little boy running around in those leggin's!

The mystery is not the duct picture. The mystery is what the hell is going on with the T-shirts of the cadets? Can Skip please penalize them for that?

This ain't your daddy's ROTC said...

All,

First off, these are not Cadets. If they were Cadets, they would be dressed like me. These are kids who are trying to be Cadets and wish that they could dress like me. Believe me, I want to place my right hand on each of their throats and pull them in close and as I do, I would use my thumb to lightly turn their heads so I could whisper in their ears "NASCAR is not a sport" but we want them to sign contracts first. So until then I smile and say nice things to them. But when they sign that contract, it’s on and the choke slamming and monkey stomping begin.

Lauren in GA said...

You are killing me over the billboard...but, you bring up very, very good questions.

I love the pictures of your kids.

So, does Mika come home looking like he has been beaten? I keep waitng for child protective services to contact me about the bruises on Evan.

Moscow Monson's said...

OK this bill board is bad! But what really made me laugh were ROTC Daddy's comments. I laughed out loud!

Jessica said...

I am choking with laughter. Each question just kept getting funnier and funnier. In fact, I was TRYING to wake Ryan up with my laughter, because I wanted to share, but he selfishly kept sleeping.

I'll get him in the morning. He'll probably have some good answers for you.

kara jayne said...

My out loud laughing (of course no lol here) brought all my kids into the room. Then I got to Paige's comment, then Skip's...and it was all over. What a great way to start the holiday!

Tristan said...

I don't get the billboard either?!? WTF?!?!

Now I have that song in my head! At least its a GREAT one! LOVE EW&F!!

Christie said...

I can't get past the phrase at the top. Isn't it supposed to be "breathe clean air?" Breath clean air makes no sense.

Love the pics and the spades. Your kiddos are adorable.

jessica said...

I love the first picture...

I love football season, I wonder how I will feel about it when it's my boy getting pounded.

I love Skips comment and duh....NASCAR is NOT as sport!

The billboard well...too many thoughts....too little time.

Good luck with your new job! Happy Fall!

Robin said...

He is in heaven looking down on his family. He died from breathing dirty air. That is why the girl is so sad. But the mom is a little happy because he had bad breath. Duh.

Clair said...

hope all adjust well to the new schedule-- the billboard questions are so funny and so relevant? what IS that all about? the only thing I can think of is that all three humans are breathing air. no idea on the vans!

martha corinna said...

Oh, those T-shirts are telling.

There are too many ironic billboards around here, but that one is pretty bad.

I'm glad you are enjoying your job. I'll return your email later today, I promise.

gab said...

You crack me up. That billboard is clip-art gone wrong. More deets on your teaching job!!! Part of me is jealous...

Hazen5 said...

Love those kids of yours! Could they be any cuter?

Ha, that billboard is kind of creepy when you lay it out like that.

♥Shally said...

How did I miss this post?

LOL, Andrea.

You heard me (or read me) LOL!! :)

Jenibelle said...

Okay so whatever on the billboard and all....

My comment is on "this ain't your daddy's ROTC"...could the author of this comment make a quick trip to, say, Central CA, and use the vise grip in the throat tactic on a certain red-head and shape HIM up?