Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to Life...



I figured I'd give it a try... the whole blogging thing. There are always stories to tell, and friends or family far away who might want to hear them. If you're reading, I guess you're one of them. I'll start with a quick recap of the summer... the woman who thought it would be nice to have one, maybe two children (aka, ME) has five. Five may seem like a small number to some, but to me, it's like, well, a lot more than one or two.


Mika and Jordan are . They love basketball and big hair. Both try to grow out their fro, success is questionable.


Samantha is . She is like a small zoologist. She learned so much about birds and whales this summer. She loves her cats, Tommy and Ollie. She was a second set of hands helping me in the kitchen, doing Noe's hair, and keeping the boys in line.


Keola is . He loves good looking females. No age discrimination whatsoever. His favorite lines include "Hubba hubba" and "Whoa! She's cute!" He will soon be locked in a high tower, with a time-release lock set for July 10, 2019.


Noe is . Most of you know she wears hearing aids, which she calls "earring aids". Because of her hearing impairment, she is REALLY LOUD. She is why we maintain a strong stock portfolio with shares in Tylenol. (This is preferable to putting all our money into Jack Daniels). She is a cheerful, loving child who loves tattling.


Skip and I have been married for 8 months. Best 8 months of my life!! He's active duty army, just came home from Iraq last fall. He now works for the ROTC program at a university. He's from Los Angeles, which means, yes... a Lakers fan. Anyone who knows me knows my blood runs Celtic-green, and this is a very big step for me to take. Marrying a Lakers fan. If we ever have an arguement, the loser has to wear a Bird or Johnson jersey for 24 hours... so we just don't fight! It's perfect.
Anyway. That's us in a nutshell right now.

2 comments:

Hortablast said...

Andrea,
Being a mother is the greatest sacrifice in life. Mothers are the greatest.
That's nice how your life is going so well. You guys look a happy family.
I like hearing from you guys.
Best of luck

A. Horta

theblessedone said...

Hey!

You guys clean up real good!

You guys look real happy in Washington/Idaho/Iowa/Ohio, whereever the heck you are. Sucks to be in Oklahoma without you all!

Think of you all the time, even if you think I shipped the truck and forgot about ya'll.

Love and miss ya!
beth